V-Commandos: Snowflake

That’s eliminated both enemies on the big tile to the west, save an action.

Oh, and grab the TNT on this tile.

A suggestion: You go E, plant, W, save.

Next turn, you go W, into the nest, and use it. When you’ve cleared everything, I go W, N into the objective, plant, grab loot, wall-hop E, detonate.

Eastern enemy drops a first aid kid.

Western: Spotted, grenade.

I like the plan, but we’ll probably get a reinforcement into that machine gun nest. Also, you can’t get into a tile that is entirely full. Let’s see what comes up.

• Enemy reinforcements
    • north
      enemy-2
      enemy-2-hammer
    • south
      enemy-2
      enemy-3
      enemy-2
      enemy-3
      enemy-2
      enemy-1
  • Enemy movement: E in the north, N in the south. 26 enemies left in the bag.
  • No enemy fire.

Turn 6

North

South

A rule note: the box round the dice on the machine gun indicates that only one character can fire it in a turn (otherwise it’s a fairly obvious rules exploit).

I could see: Sapper shoot the machine gunner, move in, use the MG to shoot north, hide in the alarm room, then Bruno goes into the NW.

That’ll seems like a good plan.

OK, time to get noisy.

Sapper shoots W (losing uniform benefit by becoming visible):
@discobot roll 3d6

:game_die: 3, 5, 2

A single 5 is good enough. Drops: uniform.

Move W; shoot into the NW tile with the MG42.

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 6, 2, 2, 6

Spotted (ignored, and in any case I’m already spotted), First Aid.

With my +1, move north to disappear again. I’ll take whichever of the grenade or the uniform Bruno doesn’t want.

Bruno moves W openly, takes the grenade, throws it into the NW objective room.

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 3, 1, 2, 2

Well, crap. Move N into alarm room, turn the alarm off.

• Enemy reinforcements
    • North
      enemy-3
      enemy-1
    • South
      enemy-2
      enemy-1
      enemy-1
      enemy-2
      enemy-2
      enemy-2
  • Enemy movement: E in north, W in south.
  • No enemy fire

Turn 7

Event north:

Event south:

Only one uniform between us, and a machine-gunner in place. Hmm.

21 enemy in the bag, which gives us four turns if we don’t set off the alarm or kill anyone else.

Hmm.

You could shoot the machine-gunner with BAR, and if you get him, move to the nest and do an MG burst into the NW room. I then wall-hop in, plant, and hop out.

Or, I could try to shoot the machine-gunner stealthily, and if I manage that first go, move openly to the MG and use it. You could then move openly S, BAR into the NW room, move in and plant, but that leaves both of us exposed, rather than one.

Any better ideas?

If we could interleave I could try to shoot the MG gunner stealthily, then you could move to that nest and MG twice into the NW, then I could wall-hop and plant. Again, that leaves ys both exposed. It has the advantage that if I don’t kill the MG gunner, we can pass and both save. That makes us more capable next turn, but we’re running out of time.

Will the alarm in the south stop at some point?

The alarm in the south has just been stopped by the event card. It cannot be stopped when it sounds again again (nor can the one in the north). When we finish this terrain we get its enemies back in the bag, which may help.

If I get the machine-gunner with my first burst (71%), I can move in and fire north. While I’ll be exposed, it’ll at least be a 5+ to hit me.

Let’s give it a go. Shooting south, looking for a single 5+:

@discobot roll 3d6

:game_die: 2, 2, 5

Drops: MP40.

Move into MG42 nest, fire NW, looking for 4+:

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 2, 6, 2, 3