V-Commandos: Red Fish

Yes, he told me about his boiler issues! Fingers crossed he’ll be back soon.

Rebuilt machine room; sleep; writing up yesterday’s RPG session before I forgot too much of it; extended dog walk.

Er. If you end up in the north outdoor tile, you’ve got an incoming soldier from the NE corner. Stay in the medium indoor room (having moved there stealthily) and save an action?

• Enemy reinforcements north:
    enemy-1-gasmask
    enemy-goliath
    enemy-2
    enemy-2-hammer
  • Enemy reinforcements south:
    enemy-2-gasmask
    enemy-1
    zero
    enemy-1
    enemy-2
    enemy-2
    enemy-1-gasmask
    enemy-1-gasmask
    enemy-2
    enemy-1
    enemy-1-hammer
    zero
    enemy-1-gasmask
    enemy-2-gasmask
  • Enemy movement
    In the north, west.
    In the south:

west.

Nobody is spotted, so no shooting.

Event north:

Event south:

In the south, it’s three actions for each of us to get out. So if the officer and Anneke between them can kill those two soldiers just east of us using no more than one action each, we can all make it. (Setting off the charge is 0 AP.)

Let’s start with the silenced Sten, looking for 4+:

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 4, 4

Perfect. We all get down the trapdoor this turn, gaining an MP40 and a grenade, and the charge goes off destroying the second objective. And there are 19 enemy left in the bag, which is enough to let us survive the turn without killing any more.

The rules aren’t entirely clear, but I’m going to dump all the enemy from the south back into the bag for drawing in the north.

So it’s up to @Lordof1 to act in the north. Troops will be moving north.

Hmmmmm okay. Stealth shot north.

@discobot roll 1d6

:game_die: 6

Bullseye! Stealth north.

THrn I’m holding my action in the hope I pick up a grenade or similar to deal with the east room all at once.

Pity you can’t move gas barrels, really.

He drops a crowbar, which you can if you like swap for one of your existing bits of equipment (MG42, smoke grenade, TNT charge).

• Reinforcements:
    enemy-1-gasmask
    enemy-1
    enemy-1
    enemy-1
  • Enemies move north (where possible)
  • No enemy shooting

Turn 6

(No effect, and enemy movement is unknown.)

The team from the south can enter this turn.

I think, realistically, as the alarm is about to go off anyway, my best bet is machine-gunning to the east to clear the room, then getting the objective done ASAP.

Here goes: @discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 4, 3, 6, 6

Hmm one left. Okay. Try again.

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 3, 1, 6, 6

Okay, swap TNT for crowbar, east to re-enter stealth then hold ready to finish objective next turn - orrr is it possible to crowbar the door to the south of me closed?

The alarm’s been going off anyway. No, you can’t crowbar internal doors.

Drops are: enemy uniform, smoke, StG44, first aid kit. You end up with a saved action I believe, which you may need if the new enemy move north.

Sapper pops up and shoots the central tile with BAR, wanting 3+:

@discobot roll 3d6

:game_die: 1, 4, 5

They drop a crowbar and he’s spotted (which he was anyway). He drops down the trapdoor again.

Officer pops up, shoots stealthily:

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 1, 4