V-Commandos: Helmet

Yet another spotted token. I think we aim to hold the cable car here this turn (grenading the reinforcements when they arrive) - fair?

(I know that technically the rules say that everyone who makes it out via any trapdoor goes on to the next map, but that seems unreasonable here.)

Yeah, it’s not really a trap door in this instance.

So medic moves N, W, S?

Figure next turn I can grenade the large tile and move S into the car, Bruno can use his window move to go, trigger the objective, and move back. Medic shoots anyone in the room N of cable car?

Should be workable.

However, if either of the new enemies from the N spot you (which is about a 5/9 chance overall) then not only they but the new enemies on the large tile will shoot at you. If you get to critical, we need to clear that small room so that the medic can N, heal, S before your turn.

So I think I’m recommending that you give me the grenade because I’ll have a saved action…

Sounds good to me

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:

Enemy phase

Reinforcements

• N: enemy-2
    zero
  • S: enemy-1
    enemy-1
  • E: enemy-1
    enemy-2
  • W: enemy-2
    enemy-2

Stealth check for the new N enemy and the Officer, spotted on 1-2:
d6: 3

Excellent!
But, bother, this is where I should have left you the grenade - because if the upcoming enemy movement is W, one of the new ones will move in and try to spot you…

Enemy movement

The direction-event is Full Moon, though, which moves enemies E.

Enemy shooting

none.

Turn 4

Things we need to do this turn:

• clear out the large tile, in order to
  • activate the objective
  • get everyone back into the cable car

So that might be:

• officer: shoot, move S, save
  • medic: move N, grenade?, shoot?, move S
  • bruno: wall-hop E into what should be now be an empty tile, activate objective, wall-hop W

Sounds good, having at least one grenade when we arrive at the other end would help.

With potentially three 2d6 shots with a 2+ target, we ought to be able to deal with all three enemies without using the grenade.

I can go first. Shoot twice and then move S.

OK, 2 2d shots at 2+:
4d6: 5 + 5 + 1 + 4 = 15

They drop:

crowbar
enemy uniform
spotted

@JGD Bruno, I’ll take that crowbar off you so that you can bring back the two new items - OK?
In which case the objective is activated and we can move on to the enemy phase.

(The medic has nothing to do this turn.)

That’s all fine, let’s do it.

Enemy phase

Enemy reinforcements

• N: zero
    enemy-1
  • S: enemy-3
    enemy-3
  • E: enemy-2
    enemy-2
  • W: enemy-1
    enemy-2

Enemy movement

is west

Enemy shooting

doesn’t happen.

Cable car moves.

Turn 5

That event can deal with the door to the objective, at least. And the enemies stacked up by the south entrance will only try to enter when the enemy reinforcements phase happens - so if we’re filling the space we let in just one of them.

So I’m guessing that (bearing in mind turn order) we shoot until the small space is free of enemies, then all move into it. Then hope for the best…

We can also crowbar the entrance in the small tile. Would the Officer care to start the shooting to give us free shots?

In that case, if our Officer-bestowed shots don’t clear the space, the Officer could save their third action, then spend it on moving into the space after it’s clear.

I think crowbarring the small tile doesn’t help since there are already four enemies queued up to enter.

OK. Waiting for @COMaestro to clear the plan.

I am good with it. Assault! Then save.

OK, so for 2 actions we get three separate 2-dice shots against 4+:
6d6: 1 + 3 + 5 + 6 + 2 + 6 = 23