V-Commandos: Greatsword, iteration 2

OK, so:

Sapper: S [2], set charge [0], N [2]. I’ll pick up that first aid kid unless anyone else wants it.

(It has been pointed out that the :speaker: icon on the red “set charge” counter is in error - it only does that when it goes off.)

Bruno: N [1].

Death Cheater: S [2], pick up grenade [0], W [1].

• Enemy reinforcements:
    enemy-1-hammer
    enemy-3
    enemy-2
    enemy-2
  • Enemy movement: S
  • Enemy fire: none

Turn 5

So we definitely lose the E entrance room this turn. Sapper can get as far as adjacent to the large tile (on the small tile that crosses the ship), or one further back if he stops to save.

Death Cheater may wish to note that throwing a grenade has a :speaker: but not an :eye:, so it’ll set off the alarm but it won’t reveal your position.

Bruno can get onto the small tile over the ship, take a shot at the guard on the large tile, and have a saved action for the entering enemies. Does that seem sensible?

At this point, I am thinking it is best if I just stay here and do nothing. All the guards are moving S anyway, so all the reinforcements from this turn will be in either the medium tile next to me or the two small tiles along the SW edge, which will just leave one guard on the objective on the next turn.

Bruno will be able to take out the guard on the objective, Sapper can go in (setting off alarm), plant TNT, move back which will make him stealthy again, then blow the TNT.

DC moves through the rubble (E), then N, N. We have to deal with the reinforcements from the N and E doors on the following turn, but then we are out.

Sapper blew his +1AP last time, so can’t get in and out in one go.

I know. This turn you just get near the large tile. Next turn you are in and out of it and can save an AP for attacking reinforcements as they appear.

OK. that’s looking like

Sapper N, W, save
DC nothing
Bruno W, W, shoot W

?

Bruno will go W, W, shoot:

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 2, 3

Big tile cleared, retain saved action.

He drops a grenade.

Sapper

N, W, save.

DC

nothing.

enemy

reinforcements

• enemy-3
    zero
    enemy-2 (E crowbar breaks)
    zero

movement

(one E enemy locks on to alarm objective; new élite in N doesn’t lock)

fire

none

Turn 6

(I think that would most conveniently be the SW trapdoor tile)

With an N movement, the four enemies near DC will be crowding into the W entrance room.

Sapper can plant and bail out again this turn.

Go for it. Might as well blow the charges as soon as you’re clear.

Or wait for the rooms to fill up again…

A thought. If we event-card the SE trapdoor, that makes a way for DC to get out!

Sounds like a good idea to me!

OK, so I think the plan so far is:
Sapper: W [1], W [1], plant charge [0], E [1]
Bruno: ?
DC: stay still

Event card blows up the SE trapdoor room, making it accessible from the S entrance room.

Then next turn Bruno and Sapper can get out via the NE trapdoor; blow the charges, which finishes off anyone in the S entrance room; then DC can run E, E, open trapdoor, out.

@COMaestro?

It is a good plan. Let’s do it!

OK - is Bruno lurking in place, or planning to do something else this turn?

Lurking until Sapper has done his action.

Right, well, no die rolls needed for me:

W [1], W [1] becoming visible, pick up grenade [0], plant charge [0], E [1] becoming stealthy.