V-Commandos: Greatsword, iteration 2

Good-oh. Please remind me how tiles that have had explosions go off are treated? Can we still go through them? Are their entrances blocked?

I’m wondering if it’s practical to set off the charges, and then move W and shoot S to eliminate the elite guard in the W entrance room and be in position to help DC get out.

An explosion destroys most things on a tile: including enemies and their equipment drops, but excluding entrances. So once the charge has gone off we can use that tile normally. (The southern door will remain locked until we do something about it.)

My current escape plan for DC is that this turn we let the event card make a new entrance to the SE room with the closed trapdoor; then next turn we set off the E charge, making that room clear, and DC can run straight through, open the trap and get out.

That’s my understanding as well and should work fine.

OK, go for it.

OK. Bruno and DC hold position.

• Enemy reinforcements:
    enemy-2
    enemy-3
    enemy-2-hammer
    enemy-3
    enemy-2
    enemy-1
    enemy-2
    enemy-1
  • Event card “before enemy movement step”
  • Enemy movement
    N - ah, that’s what I didn’t take account of. But I do have a grenade and a BAR.
  • Enemy fire - none

Turn 7

Sapper’s plan is E, shoot with BAR (3 dice needing just one 4+), E, out (using saved action). If that shot misses, sapper will go back W to hide and try again next time, probably with the grenade.

Bruno will let the sapper go first. If that does not work. he’ll go E, shoot E, and then if that does not work, W.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
OK, let’s see. 7/8, I reckon…
3d6: 1 + 1 + 2 = 4

Sigh! Even if you get them, I can’t get myself out now.

Don’t forget to blow the TNT. And you should shoot again, that way Bruno can move E, E and shoot into the S room. I can throw my grenade in there and shoot as well then move into the newly made outdoor tile to go stealthy.

That deprives him of the ability to go stealthy again, and we have another terrain to get through after this one.

If I take a second shot now (again 7/8 chance of success), I can use my saved AP to go E into the exit tile to hide rather than W as I planned - but there will be at least two enemies coming N from the E entrance room before I have a chance to get out.

This works if Bruno can clear out the E entrance room now (3 hits in one action - you can have the grenade, obviously) and keep his saved action for shooting the two newcomers. If we set off the bomb before DC moves, he can shoot N on the way through the S entrance room too.

I’ll try it if you want to.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
Let’s see what happens.
Second shot:
3d6: 4 + 4 + 1 = 9 needing just one 4+

Drops: Spotted (irrelevant), First Aid.
Sapper uses +1AP to move into NE corner and become stealthy.

(Bruno is welcome to the grenade that Sapper’s carrying if he wants it.)

Bruno moves E, E, takes grenade, throws it S. Needing 3 successes vs 3 to clear that room:

@discobot roll 4d6.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 1, 2, 4, 1

Shoots S with Sten:

@discobot roll 2d6