V-Commandos: Greatsword, iteration 2

I don’t think so. Entering a medium room without setting off the alarm costs 2, and planting TNT costs you 1, since you aren’t a Sapper. You’re trying to spend 5 actions.

Yeah, that’s a thing I can do next turn by using my Sapper bonus and my saved AP.

Ah, yep, you are right. Forgot I would be moving back to a medium tile.

In that case, I will just hang out.

OK, Sapper moves back to entrance room.

Enemy reinforcements

enemy-2
zero
enemy-1
enemy-1

Enemies move W

No enemy fire

Turn 4

(one standard, two with hammers)

OK, the Sapper can go in, plant, and come out again. Others?

Do you want to get that grenade while you’re in there? It looks useful for the NW large tile. Bruno will move N and stay ready to shoot enemy if they break into the entrance room.

Might as well, if we’re not planning to go round that way.

Out of curiosity, why do we not just continue through the southern route? Troops move S this turn, meaning if we are all on the small tile just S of the ship we will be okay.

Hmm.

Starting in the E entrance room, northern route to the NW objective is 3 AP plus the move into the large square. Southern route is 6 AP plus the final move.

There’s a case to be made, especially since that crowbar isn’t going to hold forever, but north looks better on the face of it.

North looks more straightforward to me.

OK, here’s a plan. It may not be a good plan.

Sapper drops one charge then goes south [2] plants charge [0] goes west [1].
Other two pick up the dropped charge and go N [1] W [1] W [1].

Next turn Sapper starts to clear out the SW tiles while the other two plant the charge and run for the exit.

Thoughts?

Not real keen. We’ll need time to clear enemy off the NW large tile, and the alarm will be going off fairly soon.

In that case I think Sapper ends up in the E entrance room while the rest of you go north.

I was thinking something similar, but instead, Sapper goes S [2], plants charge, returns N [2]. Bruno can get in position to the N. DC goes S [2] then W [1]. Next turn I shoot to sound the alarm and draw all troops towards me, off the large tile. Following turns, Bruno clears it off, Sapper makes his way there and plants charges, you two exit using SW stairs, I head back to our entrance.

My reasoning is that I have 4 actions all the time and thus 4 HP, stealth won’t matter to me at that point so I can just book it. Should not be hard for the twonof you to clear out anyone in your way to the exit.

Thoughts?

Are you planning on the Death Cheater’s special ability keeping you alive and not getting slowed down too much? From experience of trying that, it’s not very reliable.

Not reliable, but perhaps worth a try? (On the one hand JGD and I have played more; on the other hand it’s fun to find out for oneself what works best.)

Fair point!

Not necessarily relying on it, but factoring it in, yes. Oh, I would want the grenade that is in the room to the S though, if I try this. And just to make sure I understand, the enemies would move towards me if I am visible, but still just move one space at a time, right?

Yes. Though note that they can shoot you from an adjacent tile, and they move before they shoot.

Okay, that’s fine. I am good trying for this unless you all have strong misgivings over the idea.

Ah, go for it. Bruno will move N, and do nothing more, retaining his saved action.