V-Commandos: Grail (Dec 2020)

So that’s my plan: Scout moves north blatantly, does the objective, gets shot as he gets out. You move N [1 from uniform] and first-aid me (and perhaps shoot that northern enemy in case he comes south). Then we have to survive one turn of double-rate enemy reinforcements, then bail out. If the event moves the E enemy into the exit room that’s not ideal but it should be survivable. Better plans welcome as always.

My thought is to move E, shoot N, hopefully take him out, then move N and use my +1 to throw the grenade. Alarm will turn off due to the event.

If everyone is taken out, I recommend you move N stealthily and do the objective. That way, only single reinforcements will show up, and with luck, we may get through this undetected.

Interestingly enough, using the shell on the water tower does not appear to set off the alarm, unless I am missing mention of it somewhere.

Thoughts? We can do fast and messy if you want, I just worry you’ll get shot up too much.

Bruno goes W, shoots W.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 6, 4

Got them both. Move W, crowbar the entrance.

North: drops are spotted and crowbar (no effect as it was the same attack). I don’t think you can do everything, though:

• move W [1]
  • shoot [1]
  • move W [2]
  • crowbar [1]

South: I think the event happens instantly if it doesn’t say when it happens - so if the alarm were sounding now we’d get a free cancellation.

It doesn’t matter how much I get shot up during the move, I still get to complete it and land in the exit room. I’ll then probably be in critical condition, but if you’re there you can first-aid me back to full health.

Ah, that makes sense. Okay, go for it.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
OK, for now I’m leaving the north with two AP spent (the move and the shoot), potentially two left.

In the south, Scout:
move N openly [1] (becomes visible, raises the alarm)
do objective [2]
move S [1], triggers 5 dice of fire from enemies, hitting on 2+
5d6: 3 + 4 + 6 + 5 + 3 = 21

Scout is in critical condition, and will be eliminated if not first-aided by the end of turn 14.

Officer moves N, takes your first aid kit and uses it on the Scout. Then opens the trap door.

Check. Just waiting for @JGD to clarify his move.

I think my second move W is only (1), because I’m in enemy uniform?

Aha, yes, that’ll do it.

tN reinforcements

• enemy-2

tS reinforcements

• zero
    enemy-2
  • enemy-1
    enemy-2
  • enemy-2
    enemy-1

tN move north; ts move [movie night] random [eine katze] N.

Turn 14

OK, south team can get out this turn. So it’s over to John to finish things off.

Shoot E into the small round room.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 2

Try again:

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 3

Poot! Save my last move.

You know he’s going to move west…

So he is … move E to the outdoors tile north of the small room.