V-Commandos: Freyja

Aha! Actually that’s wrong - Bruno can use his saved action to shoot the enemy first. I assume he does. 4+:

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 2, 1

Oh well. Bruno is now on two available actions, and visible.

Turn 8

North event:

South event:

In the north: I can shoot the new guard, move W, move N, and shoot the guards on the objective. Not guaranteed but it might help.

Alternatively @AstaSyneri can massacre them with that MG42, accepting the alarm, and we can do the objective on this turn. (shoot, north stealthily, objective; while I do shoot, W, objective, E).

Okay, I’m still not visible, and I have a crappy gun, but I can give myself a +1 shot. Hm. I think best plan is to creep east and hope I’m not spotted as there’s a chance I’ll not be visible.

@discobot roll 1d6

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Oops, let’s try again.
@discobot roll 1d6

:game_die: 6

Woop, still stealthy. Am I right in thinking I can still stealth kill even with the alarm going? If so, I’ll do so, then set the charge. Remind me about triggering… can anyone do it from anywhere once it’s set? Or does it need to be me?

Yes, you can still close-combat kill as long as you are not visible.

And detonation is zero actions, by anybody.

So that’s move (2), give yourself a bonus action (0), cc-kill (1), pick up charge (0), plant charge (1)?

I think it’s only move 1 because I’m weating the uniform?

Er, wearing, I mean. Anyway, if I’m right, I am - move (1), kill (1), pick up and plant (1), move west (1), save last action (this includes bonusing myself) - I’m now in a position to give my +1 to hit to @JGD if you need it?

Yes, you’re right of course. I keep forgetting the uniform bonus.

So @JGD has one 3-dice shot available. (But he stays visible if he doesn’t move, so that might be a case of taking one shot with your +1 action rather than you saving it, then moving out and in. Or he could leave through the trapdoor.)

I’ll take the 3-dice shot, then go down the trapdoor.

@discobot roll 3d6

:game_die: 4, 5, 4

Well, that’s a very dead German, and Bruno down the hatch.

On the other hand, if we stay stealthy, the three not protecting a triangle will be shipped to the Eastern Front…

How do we set those IED again? I can’t really figure out how to fulfill the forest road objective.

JGD, logged your move; thanks.

@AstaSyneri: It’s on the “Forest Road” terrain card at the top of the thread. In short, it’s a wire trap: we must spend 1AP on each objective spot, and both spends have to happen in the same turn.

The stealthy option, therefore, is that I move to join you - as long as I can kill the guard in the southern room on the first try (4/6), I can probably take out the northern two as well (25/36), all with stealthy gunfire. If that works, you can get into position to set the northern objective next turn, and I can plan to do the southern one. We spend one more turn escaping.

The blatant option is that we each shoot, move, do objective, move, all this turn; then the alarm is sounding, but the objective is done, and all we have to do is get away on the next turn.

Everything I might do involves shooting the guard first, so let’s do that anyway:

Looking for a 3+:
@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 5