V-Commandos: Freyja

looks down at big gun
blinks
Move west (stealthily). Grey hawk the TNT. Anything else worth grabbing? Being outside not a prob as I’m in uniform. (This uniform seems amazing! How do you lose it?)

You’re exactly correct.

Damn all that work. As for the Scout’s critical condition: IIRC I still had a +1 and would have been able to fire my MG42 before the enemy shoots. Correct?

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 3, 2, 5, 4

@Lordof1: you lose the uniform by becoming visible - for example, by firing the machine gun. So it can be one action to move, one to fire, two to move stealthily.

@Astasyneri: You make a convincing argument sir!

(Spending a +1 is a “0-action”, and you could have done it between the two enemies entering and their shooting at you.)

In which case you have actions this turn (though I think you’re currently visible), and Bruno could use his shots elsewhere - shall we say killing the special enemy in the south-east entry room?

Err, OK, although I’m a bit confused,

I should not be wounded by the two that entered my hex. Hence I still have three actions. I could clear the way for Bruno to the North, so he can go plant explosives.

Maybe we should update the current status so everybody can catch up…?

We’re currently on turn 12, but turn 11 could have come out a bit differently. Bruno has taken several shots which in retrospect aren’t needed (but I feel the dice should apply anyway otherwise it feels too much like cheating). I’m therefore suggesting they should apply to killing the special enemy in the “round window” room, the south-eastern entry point - and from there we have the scout still to play this turn.

So the way this now looks is:

with the scout visible and an eastward enemy movement forecast.

Over to you, @AstaSyneri. If you’re going N, may I suggest you get a TNT charge from Bruno?

Can’t go North with three actions - unless I am suicidal. That’s why I wanted to send Bruno ;-).
Action 1: Shoot N

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 2, 5, 5, 1

Shoot the door WNW open.
Add +1

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

NE enemy drops a TNT charge.

To shoot a door open, you have to be on one of the tiles it opens into.

If you move south, you can become stealthy again and not get all the enemies homing in on you. (But you’ll get the new ones from the SE entrance moving E.) Maybe: south and then north, and not save an action?

And isn’t the scout in enemy uniform? Not important now, but will be for going N later.

No, being in enemy uniform ceases to apply when you become visible. You can pick up and wear another uniform, but that one is gone.

That’s odd, isn’t it?

The whole thing is somewhat abstracted.

It was traditional for soldiers to immediately strip naked upon detection, on the off-chance that German DNA technology had advanced to the level of cloning. Some said it was an unnecessary precaution, but it remained a directive of the British Expeditionary Forces until the Suez crisis, when consequent near-fatal and emasculating sunburn disasters finally put paid to the outdated standing order.

1 Like

Dang. Considering you already tried to kill me once on this mission ;-), I am opting for caution and rather go for a “stay where I am and add +1”.