Twilight Struggle tournament - sign-up closes on december 24!

I’ll accept the game when Im done with Xmas stuff @COMaestro

2 Likes

Cool. I’ve made a game, with random sides (not bidding). If I’ve set it up wrong let me know and we can reset. Happy Christmas!

Just been two days away from the page with all that was going on. @qwertysoldier just added you.

1 Like

No rush. Just had a moment last night so I made the game.

2 Likes

@Captbnut let’s see if I can avoid an accidental nuclear apocalypse this time!

1 Like

I am confident I can make it to turn 3.

(Spoilers. I’m currently on card 3 of turn 2.)

1 Like

So you’ll have a purposeful nuclear apocalypse!

3 Likes

No worries, I’ve just invited you to the game!

2 Likes

I forgot how much noise the TS app makes… I don’t advise opening it near to one’s sleeping spouse…

2 Likes

I very rarely have my phone volume above zero, but yes, once or twice it has surprised me on the train commute.

3 Likes

Is that a subtle way of saying it’s my turn? :joy:

I am happy to say we have our first result of the tournament.

I was happy with exactly one card play I did all game, which @Benkyo will undoubtedly tell me was terrible. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I would like to add that RossM asked for feedback before our game, and I don’t trash other people’s play just for kicks.

(I’ll review the game sometime tomorrow)

1 Like

Absolutely.

Random observations from my side about this game/ game in general.

I hate decolonisation. In this game it was used really effectively for the USSR in North Africa to gain access into France. That’s a route I’ve never thought about before.

My brain cannot understand that their isn’t a link between Libya and Saharan States. Silly Border.

This is probably the first time I’ve ignored the U.K. which is probably a good thing, I mean it’s not a battleground and I’ve probably only ever looked to retain it because I live there.

Losing an initial coup in Iran really messes you up for getting into Asia.

4 Likes

I wanted to make a joke yesterday that Benkyo would be our Beth Harmon (from the Netflix-show The Queen’s Gambit), but it might come closer to reality than I thought!

The standings have been updated and Benkyo takes the top spot from @DJCT!

3 Likes

Gee that didn’t last long. @RossM after the Ghost ship I expected you to continue to facilitate my Christmas winning streak a bit longer …:face_with_raised_eyebrow::flushed::wink:

2 Likes

UK is only good for Special Relationship once NATO is active. I would be more tempted with Canada for NORAD.

1 Like

This is definitely more of a problem in the digital game than physical. If it helps, note that links between regions are red dotted lines, not solid brown lines.

1 Like

@qwertysoldier - @COMaestro (USA) v @lalunaverde (USSR) WIN

2 Likes

Updated! You’re now tied with Benkyo :slight_smile:

2 Likes