Twilight Struggle tournament - sign-up closes on december 24!

Just waiting for my account registration email to arrive

Registered as RossM

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes, I’m in. And I’m chrislear on the app.

3 Likes

Welcome!

We’re 11 players now. If it stays like that I think 5 games is a better option given that one player per round gets a “bye”, because there’s an odd player number. That’s not a problem for the tournament structure, but it does mean that 4 players will only play 3 matches. That seems a bit low (one bad game basically denies you a chance to win the tournament in that scenario). And I think one round more goes a long way to solving that problem.

Scoring is as follows then:

1 point for a victory, 0 for a loss, 0.5 for a “bye”.

1 Like

I look forward to my 0.5 total score!

3 Likes

Happy to volunteer to have all five byes, which if I have understood correctly could multiply my predicted score by infinity?

4 Likes

I love your thinking, but I’m sorry to tell you nobody can get more than one “bye” in total.

Kiss that idea bye-bye.

2 Likes

I’m not bye-ing this answer …

1 Like
3 Likes

My name on the app is jraven
thanks!

1 Like

Alright, as my deadline for new entries has passed and my christmas-evening has been wonderful (even though it was weird being socially distanced and with a lot fewer people), I’ll start up the “Tekeli’s first glorious Twilight Struggle world championship deluxe (and at the end Benkyo always wins)”-tournament

The full list of contestants is as follows:

DJCT
qwertysoldier
Benkyo
Whistle_Pig (Playdek-name: sianus)
Captbnut
LalunaVerde
RossM
chewy77
COMaestro
jraven90 (Playdek-name: jraven)
chrislear

All others have the exact same name on Playdek as on the forum.

I’ll make a challonge-page for the tournament and will share that here for full transparancy. That way everybody can immediately see when I’ll inevitably will screw up the scoring!

So merry christmas to all of you! The first round will be up in a few minutes.

1 Like

Matches round 1:

@Captbnut vs. @Whistle_Pig

@Chewy77 vs. qwertysoldier

@jraven90 vs. @chrislear

@benkyo vs. @RossM

@COMaestro vs. @lalunaverde

@DJCT gets the bye

There you have it, the first round of the tournament. If there’s anything unclear on how to set-up a game, just ask!

The challonge link is https://challonge.com/ga42ukgh
And yes, I’m the organiser even though I use a different name, yes ballenbak is dutch for ball-pit (as in IKEA’s ball-pit), no I don’t know why I chose that name either.

1 Like

Merry Christmas! I look forward to getting a few losses in, to demonstrate that TS ain’t chess.

@RossM The app says you haven’t logged in, can’t add you as a friend or set up a game yet. Added everyone else successfully.

Merry Christmas, all!

Will do so today! I’m looking forward to a schooling.

1 Like

@chrislear I added you as a friend. No rush obviously and have a nice christmas!

What a first match up

1 Like

Should be added now.

1 Like

Sweet - my plans are coming through. I think technically I am winning!

2 Likes