Hi lovely people,
I thought it might be fun to organise a Twilight Struggle-tournament this winter, as most of us are probably at home most of the time with limited options of playing boardgames. Here’s my idea, please let me know how this sounds:
- Anyone can join if they want to, although a basic understanding of the rules is advised, given that it’s a fairly heavy game.
- Games are played on the Steam/mobile-app or a free online site (I only play via the app, so I’m only familiar with that, but I’m perfectly fine with other options).
- Tournament lay-out: Either 1) first a group stage of 3-4 players per group. Everybody plays everyone once and the best 1-2 move on to a knock-out system.
Or 2) Direct knock-out without a group stage. This requires fewer games, but people will be knocked out after playing just one game.
- Game set-up: Bidding or just US +2 with random sides selection.
- Playing time per game: This is the real bottleneck IMO, given that you have to deal with different schedules and time differences, but I’m hoping something like max. 1 week per game to move things along at a reasonable pace, if that’s possible.
- Name: Tekeli’s first glorious Twilight Struggle world championship deluxe.
- Sign up closes on december 24
That’s it. I hope some of you are interested!