Twilight Imperium 4th Edition: PBF GAME 1

@Marx asked for a die roll:
Curses! Your shields may be holding, but my luck almost certainly won’t!

Next round of firing!

Ghosts:
War Sun 3+: pool 3d10: 2, 8, 10
Dreadnaught 5+: d10: 5
Cruiser 7+: d10: 3
Fighters 8+: pool 3d10: 5, 9, 10
Carrier d10: 7

Titans:
Cruisers 6+ pool 4d10: 1, 4, 2× 9

Fire!

Oof, that hurt. 5 hits on the Titans, 2 hits back to the Ghosts.

5 hits will destroy 3 of my 4 Cruisers, but the last Cruiser will heal.

I’m going to play “Courageous to the End” on one of my destroyed Cruisers, allowing it to roll two attacks:

Cruiser 6+ pool 2d10: 2× 6

Nice.

@GabrielH that’s 2 hits and 2 more “destroy ship” hits (so functionally 4 hits, but you can’t use “Sustain Damage” on two of them) for a total of 4 damage.

After that, I will play “Skilled Retreat” and send my last Cruiser through the Beta wormhole to the sector north of Accoen. It’s done as much as it can.

After you assign your hits, we’ll move on to the Bombardment and then the ground fight!

Gentle nudge to @GabrielH to allocate the hits received so we can continue with the tiny war.

We’ll lose the fighters and the Cruiser.

Lovely! Carrying onwards, then.

War Sun and Dreadnaught conduct orbital bombardment:
War Sun 3+: pool 3d10: 2, 4, 5
Dreadnaught 5+: d10: 1

Okay, 2 hits. I’ll use “Sustain Damage” on both the PDS and Mech.

Both Infantry are sent down: my Magen Defence Grid immediately destroys one of the Infantry.

Ghost’s lone infantry hits on an 8+
Infantry 8+: d10: 10

Titan’s Mech and Hel-Titan II both hit on 6+, and my Infantry hits on an 8+:
Mech and Hel-Titan 6+ pool 2d10: 2, 3
Infantry 8+: d10: 2

Oof! Okay, I’ll kill my one infantry and repair my Hel-Titan.

Ghosts:
Infantry 8+: d10: 8

Titans:
Mech and Hel-Titan 6+: pool 2d10: 1, 8

I will damage the PDS and repair the Mech, killing the last of the Ghost infantry.

I gain 1 Infantry from Daxcive Motivators, and the combat ends.

@GabrielH, feel free to add anything for the end of your turn when you have a moment… otherwise we can move on to the Winnu and @MIGHTYSploosh’s turn!

1 Like

I’ll build 2 cruisers, a set of infantry, and a set of fighters on Ang. Exhaust Alio Prima, Bakal, and Ang. @Marx who’s next?

1 Like

1 Like

Hopefully, this looks right?

You can only build 4 plastic. Also, production is reduced by 1 from Sarween Tools.

Thanks @Delwayne so remove Alio Prima and the fighters from that production.

for that you only needed to spend 4. So we’ll only exhaust Alio Prima and Bakal.

1 Like

@GabrielH Sooooo… your Fleet Pool limits your fleet size to 3 capital ships, not the 4 you brought to Mallice. By a strict reading of the rules, you would have to immediately destroy 1 ship when it arrived in Mallice, but I think that’s silly since I imagine it was just an oversight, and in this situation there’s a pretty easy fix: thankfully, your Cruiser didn’t hit anything all combat, so you can leave it behind wherever you brought it from and pretend it was never in the fight.

The trade off, however, is that you have to lose 1 ship that was in the fight (that last hit that destroyed your Cruiser would destroy something else instead). That means either the Dreadnaught or Carrier has to explode, or you can damage the War Sun if you’d prefer. Since the Dreadnaught missed its Orbital Bombardment roll anyways, again, nothing else would have to change.

Let me know what you’d like to do there and we’ll get @Delwayne to clean up the board state correspondingly. Sorry I didn’t catch it earlier!

(And yes, the map as you put it above looks right other than the sudden loss of 1 Ghost ship when Gabriel picks which explodes)

As for who’s next: me!

I will activate Mallice and play “Flank Speed.” I will move my War Sun and both Dreadnaughts from Hope’s End carrying the Fighter and 1 Mech, and the Carrier and both Fighters from Sem-Lore.

This starts another combat in Mallice, and the Ghosts get a free hit: I’ll blow up a Fighter.

I will then turn the Sleeper Token into a PDS. This means I have 2 PDS plus Plasma Scoring, allowing me to fire 3 shots at the Ghosts. My Hel-Titan IIs hit on 5+ but you have Antimass Deflectors, bringing it back down to 6+.

Fire!
Hel-Titans 6+ pool 3d10: 2, 4, 5

Additionally, @GeeBizzle and his Mentak are allowed to fire into the system again, if they so desire. You’d get the same 2 shots you had against the Ghosts, but it would be targeting my fleet this time. Honestly, no hard feelings if you take the shot, but I’d probably use Mallice’s PDS to take shots back at you in the future if you do. Just sayin’, you have the option if you’d like.

Oof, no hits.

I’ll wait to see if the Mentak want to take the shot or not, and then move along to moping up whatever of the Ghost’s fleet remains in the system.

Actually, the Ghosts get to assign their free hit from Dimensional Splicer. So you may be keeping that fighter.

@GabrielH, where do you want to assign the hit? War Sun?

1 Like

Just arrival.

Hmmm could we just retcon my token placement, one less tactics, and in fleet instead? That seems simpler :thinking:

For dimensional splicer, I’ll actually target the carrier.

Then I’d like to withdraw, if possible?

1 Like