Triplanetary… play by forum

My mistake. It was thrust F so that my end vector is direction A.

OK. z5 and z6 attack d3 at 4:1, no die modifier.

@discobot roll 1d6

:game_die: 6

We may see a capture some day, but this is not that day.

r4 thrusts D.

@denisbloodnok to play.

Some days you just feel like Commander Kruge.

d1 coast.

d4 d5 thrust E, fire on r4, which regrettably we have mistaken for z4. Relative velocity 2 (no penalty to hit), closest approach range 0.

@discobot roll 1d6

Well, one cloud of expanding gas looks much like another. In particular, I seem in the unedited version of this to have mistaken d3 exploding for d3 surviving miraculously.

:game_die: 6

Right. T1 will drift again, t4 will thrust E. I suspect this is not going to go well . . .

I really didn’t expect to be the Klingons or the Orions in this game. But, some saying about the cards one has.

z1 coast
z2 thrust C
z3 mine
z4 Thrust E
z5 orbit. skip gravity hex next turn to break orbit in direction A
z6 orbit; refuel. skip gravity hex next turn to break orbit in direction A
z7 coast

OK, we’re now in turn 52.

@denisbloodnok to play.

Gah, I missed my course adjustment on d1, after thinking about it. Thrust C. d4 d5 thrust D.

Turn 53 starts.

@MrTim to play.

Both ships drift again.

@EyeZee to play.

z1 coast
z2 thrust C
z3 mine
z4 coast
z5 coast
z6 coast
z7 Thrust A

I’m assuming z5/z6 want to stay in orbit.

@denisbloodnok to play.

Gah, d1’s situation is unsalvageable, an entirely unforced error. Thrust C twice in succession on the offchance I can get something out to assist it later.

d4 d5 coast.

d1 thrusts C once; next one next turn.

Turn 54 begins.

@MrTim to play. (t1 is on an ore-bearing asteroid space.)

T1 will thrust F and drop its automated mine, and t4 will drift. I don’t think I have a chance at hurting EyeZee’s ships, so no gunplay this turn.

OK, as we’ve played so far this game you need to stop on turn 54, then drop the mine on turn 55, then (if you like) move away on turn 56.

@EyeZee to play.