Triplanetary… play by forum

I don’t know. I’ve seen games that came out last year with worse clarity.

I’ve lost lock. Who’s up?

Whoops! Looks like that’s me.

T1 will thrust C, t3 will thrust B, t4 will thrust D,

I hadn’t quite finished plotting D’s moves, but now I have.

Turn 50 begins. MrTim’s moves done.

@EyeZee to play.

z1 coast
z2 mine
z3 be mine
z4 coast
z5 - I believe it’s in orbit -or at least heading direction C at speed 1, correct? If yes, Attack d3. If d3 disabled, capture d3.
z6 thrust A
z7 coast

Question (events are too far in the past to worry about, but for clarification) - what is the ratio if you attack a disabled ship?

A disabled ship still has its full combat value, but it can’t counterattack. (Unless it’s a Dreadnaught.)

z5 chooses to remain in orbit; it and d3 are in the same hex with the same velocity. Attacking at 2:1, no modifiers.

@discobot roll 1d6

:game_die: 1

No effect.

r1 drifts and makes two asteroid interaction checks.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 4, 4

@denisbloodnok to play. d3 is in orbit and can trade.

Forgot to refuel Z5. If you’ll let me, I’d like to. Otherwise call it a goof. And, man, my dice stink.

Yes, that can happen after movement. Topping up 2 fuel points costs 1 cash; logged.

d3 sells, requesting an account of my total cash; d1 thrust F. d3’s maneuver unclear yet.

d3 has 15 on board, so that’ll be 45 + the existing 1.4. (Selling is after movement, in case it matters.)

I fear I am now a little confused. If on turn N I thrust into an orbital path, I’m not “in orbit” and can’t sell at the end of turn N, I have to coast and sell at the end of turn N+1. However, I could land on turn N+1 (by your own clarifications at the start of the thread), even though to do that I must be “in orbit” on turn N.

Perhaps it is just that you can’t sell on a turn you apply thrust, in which case, fine.

Proceeding on that basis, d1 still thrusts F. d3 obviously has no thrust. Sell for a total of 46.4. Do not refuel d3 just yet since I suspect it’s going to die in the near future. Buy two packets at Ceres.

Fair point, and I’m going to have to think about that and rewrite things again.

Spawned d4 and d5.

@MrTim to play.

Right. All my ships are drifting this turn. We of the Terran Mining Company salute the brave men and women of the Terra Three and pray that their oxygen and water recyclers will hold out until a rescue ship from the Neptune Deep Space Observatory can intercept them.

t3 is indeed off the map.

@EyeZee to play.

z1 coast
z2 mine
z3 be mine
z4 thrust C
z5 coast in orbit
z6 thrust A. It won’t use the F-direction gravity hex next turn, so it will fall into orbit.
z5 & z6 attack d3 together, capture if possible. All courses should be matched.
z7 coast

z6 is starting with a vector of B. Thrusting A takes it across the outer edge of that F-direction hex in a non-orbiting manner.