Top 7 Boardgame Hidden Gems of 2022

2022-07-08T17:26:31Z

It’s a pity I have zero interest in Village Rails, because its tagline really amuses me.

2 Likes

I laughed a lot at this video :joy:

3 Likes

Wormholes does look interesting but not enough to sustain my interest beyond a single game.

Spies, Lies, and Supplies is the only must buy for me. Was interested on trying Wormholes, Space Station Phoenix, Guild of Explorers, but looks like I don’t need to. Village Rails confirmed my suspicion on UKGE. Just a dull card game like that other village game by Peer Sylvester - it’s so forgettable that I dont remember the name. Akropolis sounds boring, when I have Taluva in my shelf.

Imperial Steam is a good game, for a Euro. It’s the same designer of Lignum, which the SUSD crew enjoyed as well (from what I can remember). The designer knows how to make a good Euro game that doesn’t throw BS at players for gimmicky purposes.

As for the video, I really enjoyed this one. It’s mostly 90% goof with 10% boring explanations

3 Likes

Watching Quinns eat a pear was disturbing…

Wormholes sounds cool, preordered it

2 Likes

I wanted to get a better sense of space station as that sounded actually interesting to me.

1 Like

I’d like to try Wormholes and Space Station Phoenix. Village Rails looks like a cross between Sprawlopolis and Village Green…

2 Likes

Managed to catch up with this video yesterday, and it has been one of the best they have produced in a while. With regards to the games… meh! I would play them, but definitely not interested in paying for any of them. If anything, the continuation of Land Air and Sea, but not having the first one, I will give it a hard pass.

2 Likes

I also just managed to watch this.
I was previously interested in Wormholes but somehow it looks to me like I should play more Xia instead?

Somehow, none of these games led to me looking for availability. They all sound interesting and if someone put them on the table I would totally play… but I have no urge to own any one of them.

5 Likes

That’s where I’m at, basically.

But I haven’t yet removed Imperial Steam from my wishlist, even after seeing the coverage here and thinking, “Well… I’d never get that played.”

1 Like

I found myself wishing they’d put their video editing chops to work there and done a split-screen with “eating a pear backwards” being Quinn’s un-eating a pear.

3 Likes