The resurrected miniatures painting and showing off thread

These are sculpted by Kev Adams, who designed a lot of GW’s classic orks, but they aren’t GW models. They’re from a little indi company (one man actually) called Meridian Miniatures, who normally does his own sculpting (including an amazing set of Bosch miniatures and medieval marginalia), but he wanted to have some classic-styled oldhammer orks so commissioned Kev to make a small range. I’ve another three models on the paint bench at the moment.

3 Likes

First of the three actually giant giants.

Also a giant pain in my butt to paint. I will post the other two soon!

9 Likes

Giant number 2!

10 Likes

How big are the giant minis?

1 Like

7 Likes

Are giant miniatures just “regulars”?

Jokes aside, if you stretch your pinky and thumb as far apart as possible, they’re about that size. 15-20cm-ish.

3 Likes

Another 2 Haqqislam miniatures. After completing the Ramah set these 2 got done so I haven’t rub out of steam. This is good as I have a few more non-Ramah to do. First the Muttawiah and I was super pleased with how she came out. Was a fast paint job, maybe 1.5 hours? A little airbrush work and then it flowed. I think doing the banshee on the army painting tutorial has been helpful. The big dude was also quick probably from similar learnings.

6 Likes

Final members of my space ork freebooter crew.

Here’s the whole lot together.

7 Likes

Love the bright colours on these!

3 Likes

Thanks very much. I tend to paint mostly historical figures at the moment, so I find myself leaning towards brighter, more poppy colour schemes for fantasy and sci-fi.

2 Likes

Been a LONG time since I posted any work around here. This is still in progress, but I’m close to moving onto touchups, details and finishing.

[EDIT] Pushing ahead.

8 Likes

One or two minor fixes and a topcoat, and I can call this one done… only to move onto their partner.

8 Likes

I’ve been painting at work on my lunch break since October and I just finished my “quick tabletop job” on descent 3e. Matte varnish just applied.

What a slog! It was a nice way to relax at lunch though. Maybe I’ll start the expansion now and if I’m lucky I’ll finish by the summer!

6 Likes

Very nice Ma.K suit. Love the attention to detail.

2 Likes

Tell me about. I started doing some simple scatter terrain and three oasis bases with some trees.
Simple they said, quick and easy they said, it will be fun they said.

This took a solid amount of work over the course of month from February into March. So much for quick and easy.

Fallen statue:

Fallen pillar:

9 Likes

“It says ‘Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair’. No, I can’t see any connection to the 10-metre-tall fusion-powered war machine that I’m currently sitting in. Have those spare parts come in yet?”

3 Likes

Right back at you, wow! Those shallow pools look fantastic.

2 Likes

@VictorViper Thank you, I used Woodland Scenics ‘Realistic Water’ pouring two thin layers, allowing each to dry with a wash over the first layer before the second coat.

@RogerBW I’m afraid old chap that I ride a 4 meter machine made with 2072 tech and hybrid electric internal combustion dontcha know?! :wink:

2 Likes

Love those scatter terrain pieces. Where did the palm trees come from?

1 Like

China eBay seller.

1 Like