The resurrected miniatures painting and showing off thread

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s rare that I want to paint a clean(ish) white that dominates the model, but it sounds like a good paint to have in my toolbox.

3 Likes

The secret for white is to start with grey and then lighter gray, and finish with white.

2 Likes

More fun playing around with interesting shield designs.

9 Likes

I don’t know why, but I am not enjoying painting the 32mm Shatterpoint models nearly as much as I like the 25mm Legion models.

Less satisfying, for some reason. Ah well. 4 more Good Guys to go (Anakin, Rex, and two 501st), and then I am going to just really quickly blitz-paint all the bad guys.

EDIT

Rex and the boys.

EDIT 2:

And finished Anakin. Going to seal these tonight, and get started on the other half Thursday.

9 Likes

Got another Khawarij done and it was also really fun to paint. I’m part way through a third so looks like Ramah Taskforce will be my sectorial so I can have a fireteam of them. I also rather like the look of the aeromobile team so that’s good by me.

7 Likes

Coo, the eyes inside the headgear…

2 Likes

Got another Heresy marine done. An Emperor’s Children. Quite a fun speed paint but does include my first real attempt at OSL on the plasma pistol.

6 Likes

Penultimate Kawarijh done. Only one more to go, but first I think some heavy infantry will get done as they’re built and undercoated. Plus variety is the spice of life

6 Likes

More freehand shield painting.

Very close to finishing this project, only ten more models to go.

10 Likes

Finished the last of my Shatterpoint models.

That’s all my Shatterpoint, and I have no intentions of buying more until I play it at least once. So I am probably going to stay fully painted until 2024…

Next up is either some terrain, or Legion Ewoks. Could go either way.

10 Likes

I like the exhaust of the rocket packs.

1 Like

An Asawira, Fiday and Naffatun. The Fiday made a big difference to my enthusiasm for Haqq painting, slightly broke with some previous colours and it was fun. Asawira was quick and the Naffatun is a monkey of my back. Choosing a colour for the front chest plate was getting to me on another one. Started this one from fresh and the green inspiration worked out. Woop woop! Part way through a second Asawira and started Yasbir. Yasbir may never get painted as it’s a wobboy old sculpt. Great rules though so that might push it through the pain barrier

10 Likes

The green/yellow sword is very eye-catching, great work.

2 Likes

This.
Took.
Forever.

Upside: now that I am done that, I am once again within striking distance of being fully painted for Legion : two units of Ewoks, two Ewok leaders, another unit of Mandalorians, and a Han Solo.

Downside: I spent like two hours painting the interior of both the driver section and the passenger section… and now you can barely see them. Argh.

13 Likes

But you’ll know they’re there. (It’s a cliché for a reason.)

I particularly like the skin finish including that corroded door.

2 Likes

Agreed. The weathering is fantastic!

2 Likes

This was an experiment in speed painting. Got it done in 2 20 minute sessions. Not sure the basing material works for this scale.

This one was also fairly experimental. Was sort of aiming for dot filtering but ended up giving it an oil top coat. Seemed to work well for smoothing all the transitions so there’s more to try there for me I think. Maybe get some serious textures then draw it all together on something, we’ll see

9 Likes

Just in terms of visual impression, the small twiggy stuff seems fine, but the lighter larger bits (small gravel?) seem as though they’d be terrible footing.

1 Like

Very much agree, the gravelly bits are what I was thinking of. It’s too big to not be painted at this scale but also not big enough to feel like a large chunk that would stick out of the ground.

1 Like

Not every battle is done on nice firm footing. I’ve walked across fields that look pretty much exactly like that!

4 Likes