The resurrected miniatures painting and showing off thread

Another Al Fasid. Really enjoyed painting this one and very happy with the results

8 Likes

Super work. Great model made even better with a lovely paint job.

2 Likes

Thanks very much. Responding to this I’m now seeing flaws and a bit I completely missed. Such is the way with creating :roll_eyes:

1 Like

A few more “Hey, it’s camo. What more do you want?” Troopers for my Rebel army…

After this I have 10 Rebels waiting. Then 18 Battlemechs, and then I get to start assembling Star Wars Shatterpoint…

11 Likes

In addition to camo I want a blazing hot gun barrel. Thanks, excellent work

1 Like

Another Space Marine but changed tack with style. Tried more volumetric highlights and then went harder on the weathering. Really enjoyed painting this. Also really pleased with the initial highlights with the airbrush shows some developing skills there, even if it is on a chunky Marine toy

9 Likes

Mini of the month from local GW store and it was really fun! The standard of these sculpts is so good on a technical level that they’re improving in fun to paint levels. No comment on aesthetic preferences for any individual. But how they do details and textures catches the brush so nicely. I have heard some rumours they actually take in to account contrast paints in the sculpting process now. If so I hope the carry on doing that

11 Likes

Couple quick pieces of terrain for Battletech… I think they turned out okay.

8 Likes

Finished up my 3 units of Tauntauns. And the smoke trails for my last 3 Clan Wren…

10 Likes

More Outremer stuff - naffatun throwers and siphons to serve flaming death as required, sneaky assassins, infantry with hand weapons, and some mamluks.

10 Likes

Managed to finish my last two Lukes yesterday, and got a solid start on my remaining Wookies, Codys, and AT-RT.

Oh, and I finished my first Ahsoka! Really happy with how she turned out!

11 Likes

Really pleased with the improvement off my first, second, third and fourth attempt int his style. Not sure it’s a style I’ll stick with forever but it’s great practice on the sharp highlights. There’s a mess up on the blending for darker parts on both legs but only spotted it post varnish.

Also makes you realise how good the eavy metal painters are. The way the highlight evenly around those strips on top the backpack. Wow.

9 Likes

Klaus from Moonstone. Really struggled with this one. Partly because I was trying to paint it in a way I wasn’t enjoying. Glad I gave in and did it in a way I that works on the bit I do like.

11 Likes

Finished up my last Legion models for a month or so… another AT-RT and a bunch of Cody And Friends…

And have now started my 33 Battlemechs. At 30-ish minutes per mech, this will take me about 20 hours.

I have finished the silver on all of them, the reds on 15 of them, and this morning did the golds on one.

This is gonna take forever…

9 Likes

Took a short break from the historicals to paint a little kenku/tengu/bird-folk rogue.

12 Likes

Gotta love a murderbird.

2 Likes

So. Fair warning: lots of little robots incoming.

33 battlemechs! All that stood between me and being fully painted in yet another of my (far too many) miniature wargames! Let’s DO THIS!

Drybrush of Vallejo Steel, then Dark Aluminum, then White Aluminum.

“Fourteen painting handles? I’m sure that’s plenty!”
Argh.

Anyway. Here we are, post reds (at this point it was Blood Angel Contrast, but by the end of the process I realized that Baal Red was better).

After the reds and golds (Aggaros Dunes Contrast… I think next time I’m going to try Snakebite Leather first? For a deeper gold, maybe).

“Yup. 14 painting handles. Definitely all you’ll need. No chance of it not being enough for two waves of painting things.”
Argh.

Golds, reds, blue cockpits, and green weapon “glow” all finished for all the mechs! Woo!

Based, named (written on the back of each mech… I am no longer smart enough to tell a Kingfisher from a Spartan), and sealed.

Next up… my starting box of Shatterpoint (which will be my only Shatterpoint until the crew of the Ghost release in a few months… and maybe not even them if I don’t get the game on the table at least once).

11 Likes

Quick little Ahsoka for Shatterpoint.

Next up… a different Ahsoka!
Hopefully a little faster. This one shouldn’t have taken me long, and yet somehow did.

EDIT:
Finished the other Ahsoka.

11 Likes

Back to Outremer with various figures. First up is a pair of leper knights (Order of St Lazarus), a nice reminder that white is frustrating to paint. Next some local Christian militia, and then a Mamluk champion. Quite happy with how his shield turned out, as I had to restart it a couple of times. Finally, a few Islamic light cavalry.

11 Likes

Have you got the Pro Acryl white? It’s not a magic bullet but it does help a lot. It has tons of pigment for good coverage and as it’s so strong you can thin it to many different consistencies and coverages.

3 Likes