The resurrected miniatures painting and showing off thread

Then the gods, which I undercoated with a metallic to make them fancy/magic but it doesn’t come across great in the pic

Then the small monsters

Then the big monsters

And the gang all together

It was quite the project and a good way to really put the speed paints through their paces. Everything came out a little dark in hindsight but I did that intentionally to fit the death metal vibe of the game. All in all a cool project and I’m glad it’s done.

12 Likes

Wow, fantastic job! Those look incredible!

(comicbookguy voice)
But, umm, actually, you will find that Odin should only have one eye and therefore your painting is historically inaccurate but all the women being half-naked makes perfect sense from a historical perspective…

But seriously, great job!

3 Likes

? Historically?

1 Like

Great job, really impressive seeing everything all lined up at the end. Really like the colours on the clans, should work well on the table.

3 Likes

That’s a good point actually I forgot about Odin’s monocular vision

1 Like

Maybe it was before sacrificing it for +5 WIS??

2 Likes

Just some quick shots of my freshly completed Clan Wolf Battlemechs.

Simple, and done.

Next up: 24 models from Journeys in Middle-Earth “Spreading War.”

Piece of cake…

EDIT: I thought with this I would be fully painted for Battletech (at least until their March Kickstarter)… but I forgot I picked up 2 more Urban Mechs, one for the Clan Wolf and the other for my Aurigan Reach.

Curses! Two models away from being fully painted! Ah well. They can wait until I have to prime something black.

10 Likes

Continuing to flit around painting a range of unrelated things. A British Royal Horse Artillery rocket battery, and a handmaid of Pallas Athene.

12 Likes

I love the details on the shield and armour…

2 Likes

Thanks. The armour detail is all sculpted, the shield is all freehand.

2 Likes

Finished up the two siege towers from Journeys in Middle-Earth: Spreading War. I am ridiculously proud of those freehand… hands.

Of note is that I used two different browns as undertones: Cygor Brown on one and Wyldwood on the other (both contrast paints). The difference is still there, sort of, but almost all of the variation was obliterated by the drybrush.

Ah well. I still like how they look. Next is 3 Warg riders with really fragile little slings… one has already broken and another is just about broken.

8 Likes

An eclectic November continues with a cat duellist and a space dwarf. A bit of a lazy attempt at a glow on the dwarf’s rifle, but I’m quite happy with the arm scanner.

9 Likes

The handmaid of Pallas Athene is lovely. Aspirational work.

2 Likes

Thanks very much. Nice sculpts like that one cry out for a bit more attention, and I like that I’ve developed enough confidence to attempt freehand shield patterns and designs.

1 Like

First time painting miniatures in forever. I got Massive Darkness 2 for cheap and will probably use them for TTRPGs and painting more than the actual game. I plan on doing more, I didn’t remember it was this soothing! Any tips are welcome.

6 Likes

Maybe a light blue drybrush on that first one and some lighter red highlights on the second, but honestly they look pretty good already!

1 Like

Last models for this month, a trio of mist-ghasts (undead forest critters). Did a lazy flame lighting effect by being very imprecise with the drybrushing. Think it just about works.

9 Likes

Polished off another 3 models for my Journeys in Middle-Earth.

They turned out pretty okay. Following Sorastro’s tutorials almost always results in just better looking minis. Happy to be done these: next up is 6 heavy orcs, followed by 3 Fell Beasts (thankfully, there’s another tutorial for those!).

Not as crazy about the freehand on these, but whatever. They’re done. Onwards!

12 Likes

Three more models done in my never-ending crusade to finish Journeys in Middle-Earth. I’ll get there… only 16 more models to go! And at the rate I’m going… maybe before 2023? Maybe?

These are “Fell Beasts.” I didn’t do the OSL that Sorastro does, but honestly, I wasn’t crazy about how it looked (I mean, he makes it look as good as possible, but it’s not one of his better paint jobs, IMO). Happy with the finished product.

6 orks next, then 6 Southrons (I think?), then an Oliphant, and lastly a Ringwraith.

9 Likes

Latest paint job and I’ve hated almost all of it. I think this also leads to me not being happy with the result, it is done though

9 Likes