The resurrected miniatures painting and showing off thread

A sample pack of 15mm English Civil War models painted up as I debate jumping into a new period…

7 Likes

Count Orlok. Had a bit of fun trying my hand at painting a flagstone base.

8 Likes

With a vampire painted, guess I need a Van Helsing as well.
This is an old Warhammer Quest Witch Hunter hero model.

7 Likes

Finally got back to both the 3d printer and the painting table thanks to a friend who wanted a model for his d&d game. Though I’d print a bust and give it a go without the airbrush for a change. Not finished yet, but some WIP pics…

9 Likes

Think I’m done with this one now.

Feel pretty good about it considering how long it’s been since I painted last. :grin:
I’ll have to get another bust going on the printer soon.

8 Likes

Love the eyes!!

3 Likes

Finished another 4 Descent Legends of the Dark models… this time the 4 Blood Witches.

Their robes are technically 4 different colours of red, but gosh it’s hard to tell in the pictures… or IRL, if I’m being honest. That’s okay, I’m happy with them… but mostly I’m glad they’re done.

I’m happy with how they look.

2 Fae will be finished “shortly” (probably today?), and then… only 16 more models to go.

There are 42 models in my copy of the game (I have 2 Centurions, it should only come with 1, but one was a early-purchase promo), which means I have currently painted 24 models.

This is taking forever, and it is really hard to keep up the motivation to finish this with everything going on in the world. But I will try.

8 Likes

Good work @Marx. I’m always impressed at how you stick with getting box contents all painted up. I’ve just finished up a few models that I’ve had for over 25 years. Whilst it is fun to paint old minis with a bit more experience, I do wish I was a bit more dedicated in seeing things through when I was younger.

Anyway, some pictures. A few models from the Lair of the Orc Lord expansion for Warhammer Quest, including my first ever attempt at OSL on the snotling.

7 Likes

I’m glad you didn’t see projects through when you were young. Getting to see these now is an excellent nostalgia kick. Great job on these, the boss orc jumps out at me, your colour scheme is particularly well balanced on it.

5 Likes

My last unpainted Warhammer Quest Heroes finally done - Imperial Noble and Wizard.

6 Likes

Spent a good while just making an absolute mess trying to mix a good pink for the hood etc on Spider Gwen for Marvel Crisis Protocol, getting nowhere.

Then i had a brainwave when i remembered i’d bought my daughter this paint by numbers kit a couple of weeks ago

Figured i might be able to find the right colour in there

10 Likes

Finally finished the orruks from dominion (well, at least I’m calling them done even though there’s definitely more I could/should do to them). Now have to do the stormcast!

9 Likes

Back in the swing today. Two hours spent on the quest markers for Return to Dark Tower (the cardboard ones were crap so these were top of the to do list)

9 Likes

Ooh, very nifty! (I particularly like the dabs of implied growing green on the right-hand one.)

2 Likes

Finished up a bunch more of the Descent 3rd Edition models and completely forgot to post them. Let us fix that, shall we?

2 Fae, 4 Bandits, 4 Berserkers, and 2… I forget the last two.

This just leaves me with 4 Hybrids, and the Centurion (although I have 2 Centurions, I will probably only paint one at this point). And then done with Descent… next up I have a Jyn Erso I’ve wanted to paint for a while, and then I’m going to dive into all the Lord of the Rings Journeys in Middle-Earth expansions I haven’t started painting.

Thankfully there are Sorastro guides for all (or at least most) of the LotR stuff! Should look a lot better than the simple baddies I’ve been churning out. At this rate, I might be finished my major backlog by mid-summer! Woo!

Of course, that still leaves an insulting amount of Infinity that I need to paint, but even thinking about all of that unpainted metal that I have to assemble makes me need to have a lie-down.

9 Likes

I haven’t reported in a bit but I finished up some Vampires I’m looking to try with Warcry.

9 Likes

I also finished up some more Imperial Assault models. I need to wrap up the rest then I can dive into their expansion.

10 Likes

Uh oh…

I think I went overboard with yet another faction!

8 Likes

You should spoiler blur that before poor @Marx sees it and goes into stress flashbacks.

5 Likes

My new Redgrass wet palette arrived, so I passed my old one on to the oldest kiddo, and took a break from the grad degree to do a quick paint of the Bardsung hobgoblins. I have so much Godtear to get painted up that I have no ambitions for a full paint job on these, but I had the thought to aim for a Classy Game Piece look that is almost but not quite Sundrop. These guys are green, Duergar will be grey, and I’ll figure out colors for the other baddies as I go.

6 Likes