The resurrected miniatures painting and showing off thread

Finished up the last of my Clone army models: an AT-RT (casually called a “Rat”, apparently), and the last of my “ARC Troopers” (a DC-15 sniper rifle variant that hopefully nobody will give me too much grief about whenever I actually get to play the game. It’s a rifle, he’s holding a rifle, what more do you want?).

Next on the table is a model I’m painting for the Q4 Mayacast painting competition (“repainting” an old model… in my case, a Marut that I painted about 4 years ago. I don’t actually have to strip the original, just show my new paint job with my new Marut compared to my old one). The idea is to show how far you’ve come by comparing an old model to a new one… ironically, I am 99% sure my new Marut will look much worse than my old Marut because I used to spend time and effort to make models look good, and now I just want them done.

But that’s okay! The competition is random prizes anyway, and I’m just happy to submit something.

4 Likes

Liking the conversion/proxy. The scheme suits it :slight_smile:

1 Like

A sneak preview of my next infinity project. Still very much WIP.

6 Likes

Spoilers! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I have to say that I’m pretty happy with this dude :slight_smile:
Space police scheme.

8 Likes

It makes me think of Akira. Love the job you did on the base. And the mini itself, of course.

4 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile:. My favourite part is that he’s stopped in a keep clear zone. Future police doing whatever they want.

I’ve got a load more O12 models to do so more to come :smiley:

3 Likes

Just like they do now. I bet he has donuts on lunch break too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So what you’re telling me is that he is the law?

2 Likes

growls
Iamthelaw.

melodically
I am… THE LAW!

(repeat ad infinitum)

4 Likes

I fought the Law, and the Law won… :notes: :notes:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Finished samurai, with a deliberately heavy application of flock on the base to lift the colours.

9 Likes

That looks great! I’m still not ready to start decorating bases, but there are some projects in this forum that have aaaaaaaaalmost made me consider it, and this is one. The flocking works perfectly with the scabbard to bring the whole thing to life. Strong work.

2 Likes

I’ll confess to generally being horribly lazy with basing, but fortunately there’s a lot of easy solutions that look great. I’m a big fan of the pre-made base ready flock mixes - all you have to do is paint on some pva glue, and dip the base into the mix. The other fairly easy way is using the textured base paints to get cracks and, well, texture, which then only needs a little dry brushing. Grab some tufts or flowers, and your done.

Quite a few people I know reckon faces and bases are the key bits to lift models to the next level. I’m pretty lazy with bases, and struggle with faces, so I need to throw in freehand if I can to compensate :wink:

2 Likes

The next space police dude is done :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Space police number 3. Good progress so far :slight_smile:

7 Likes

How did you do the writing? Liner pen?

1 Like

Tamiya panel liner :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Another one done :slight_smile:

5 Likes