The resurrected miniatures painting and showing off thread

Here they are. The last of my Yu Jing… 55 models all started and finished since… June? Sounds about right. Anyway, done!

Next on the docket is my unpainted Star Wars Legion (and a few models still from one of the Imperial Assault expansions… some Ugnauts, a few Imperial droids… maybe from the Bespin Gambit? Whatever, they’re getting done). A unit of Clan Wren Mandalorians (proxying for ARC Troopers until I actually get my ARC Troopers), Padme, a Saber Tank, and some “Vital Assets”, whatever those are. Oh, and a bunker, escape pod, and a sand dune. That should take October… after that I have two Blackstone Fortress expansions to paint (“Ascension” and “Deadly Alliance”), and after that the starter and Clan Warfare (I hope) expansions for Battletech for November and December, respectively.

Theoretically, of course. Who knows what pace I will actually be able to maintain…

16 Likes

Nicely done. That is more orange than I would ever want to paint, but you aced it. Strong work in the marathon.

2 Likes

Can we get a shot of the whole lot together? I’d certainly be interested

2 Likes

Sure can. It basically looks like a blob of orange from this range, though… and this reminded me that my Guija isn’t actually finished, just the oranges. Oh well, 54.5 completed models!

And, just for the sake of completion, here’s my ALEPH (mostly Steel Phalanx thus far, but a few vanilla ALEPH in there as well):

Quite proud of the Marut in that lot…

Here is my Haqqislam:

I think I did a pretty solid job on the Maghariba Guard for them…

Here is my JSA:

I think I did a great job on the bases for the JSA, but the reds aren’t nearly as good as they should be, but it turns out red is a hard colour to highlight, even if you’re good at painting…

And lastly, my few Pan-O and Nomad models:

The Pan-O is really too blue, but I think I did a pretty good job on both these Factions, despite not wanting to play either of them any more (thankfully! I can’t afford the Factions I already collect!).

The bottom shelf there has some Combined Army that I was supposed to be transporting between two people (a seller and a buyer), but the buyer backed out and left me with the bill and the models. I can’t really complain… I don’t intend to ever use them, but I didn’t pay much for them either, so a bit of a wash, really.

8 Likes

They look awesome. The sheer scale of how much you’ve got done adds to the already nice paint jobs overall effect.

Plus you’re right, the JSA do have excellent bases. Plus enjoying the sneaky peek on the Nomads shelf of what looks like an old Guijia.

2 Likes

So primed and started working on the next wave of models I want finished… a Saber tank and a few Clone models.

Want to see if I can finish the tank today. Should be possible. Probably.

6 Likes

Man, that Padme mini is really good. They pulled out the stops for this line.

1 Like

This has been on my shelf for months half painted. I decided to finish it at speed whilst watching Everton win yet again. I have to say the eyes are an embarrassment, but at least it’s done! Looks fine from a sensible distance. Not bad for a few pounds worth of anycubic resin.

10 Likes

That paint job is amazing. You know you gotta go back though, right?

And with that, I will have earned every ounce of criticism leveled at me henceforth and everafter. Seriously, it’s too good for those eyes and you know it. Gorgeous work once again. :heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

You’re probably right… Urgh! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So rather than fix those eyes I started building more shelves for minis. Obviously!

These still have another 3 shelves to glue on top (and some supports).

Edit:
More gluing:

7 Likes

Ye Mao done.

Half way through the Shang Ji hacker and that’s the last of the Kaldstrom minis I have. After having done the Red Veil lot already I’m hoping that’ll feel like a milestone

5 Likes

Shelf building is one of my favorite “I really should do X, but I have lots of noisy tools, so…” activities. Are these storage or display shelves? Will you light them?

I’m currently thinking about a display case for the painted Godtear stuff I worked on all summer, but haven’t hit the sweet spot of available materials, and important work to ignore.

1 Like

I was going to join in on the gentle ribbing about the eyes, but then I remembered that I posted this pic a while back, and my ego collapsed…

5 Likes

The shelves are storage and display… Talk about non committal! They are going above the radiator in place of the netrunner prints. Similar idea to the glass shelves. I though about adding LED strips and then remembered that I can’t be bothered and would never turn them on!

Back working on the indomitus box after a short break.

6 Likes

Finished the Shang Ji. Woop woop!!!

Next up is either 2 remotes or a Warcor, or maybe all 3

7 Likes

Finally started painting again last week. I’ve picked it up a few times over the years, but never progressed beyond beginner skills before moving and losing momentum and/or needing to rebuild my kit.

Had prepped my Mansions of Madness figures several months ago, and entered a contest to push myself into taking the plunge again.

Rushed a few parts of this. Don’t want to get too caught up in being a perfectionist just yet, especially if I’m ever going to get through the rest of the figures. Was a good chance to experiment with colour gradients.

14 Likes

Finished my Saber Tank, and then whacked out a super, super quick piece of terrain.

If I really care, I can go back and repaint the rocks a slightly-different-brown or gray, but honestly, I’m okay with it as it is.

Also, I don’t think you can really notice, but I used two different blues on the tank: a dark blue for the vertical aspects, and a light blue for the horizontal aspects to sorta… “trick the eye” into giving the tank more depth. 100% not worth the additional effort with the tools I had available to me. Maybe if I was more subtle in the shift (rather than using two completely different blues)… as it stands you can’t even notice unless you’re really looking, and it just looks sloppy when you do notice it. Oh well.

Next, a bunch of “ARC Troopers” (really Clan Wren Mandalorians) and Padme. Oh, and two Senators from the “Vital Assets” box. Kinda looking forward to those… and dry-brushing a mountain of little pieces of terrain and a big honkin’ bunker. Just quick-quick-quick-done sorta nonsense.

8 Likes

Ooh, that’s a very familiar crashed pod - I think I 3d-printed one for a minis gamer a while back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s on the wall. More paint needed!
Fingers crossed it doesn’t fall off. It’s pretty heavy and mainly attached with plasterboard fixings.

6 Likes