The resurrected miniatures painting and showing off thread

So I started painting some infinity models… Like I needed to buy models when I have such a massive pile of prints!
Going for an alternative scheme for some nomads. WIP.

Pile of print shame:

Edit:
More progress

6 Likes

Finally got back to my paints for a bit. Trying some new strategies with this Yochlol. This is just step two, but the pre-blacklining it had a cool pulp-illustration effect, which I might use for something later.

6 Likes

A bit more work done on the edges and oranges.

The cotton bud for removing some of the panel liner has left tiny hairs everywhere… I’m going to have to go and sort those!

7 Likes

Some more likely lads have taken the King’s shilling - a half battalion of British Napoleonic line infantry. The bases will get finished when the other half of the battalion are painted up.

9 Likes

Obviously a veteran unit with mismatched trousers!

1 Like

Indeed, campaign dress for the Peninsula, with at least half wearing Portugese browns alongside grey coveralls and dress whites.

1 Like

Its weird how, realistic tho it is that units were a right hodgepodge very shortly after arriving, it looks so discordant to the eye. I think we’re so used to seeing modern armies all dressed for parade etc and looking so identical.

2 Likes

Such tiny trousers to be painting all different colours! Very patient!

I’m getting bored of white paint now, but feel like I’m nearly there…

4 Likes

Reflection on the differences between the logistical organisation, and relative ease of supply. The British had around 50,000 troops from 1809 to 1814 in the Peninsula and marched and retreated over pretty rugged terrain, with baggage trains of mules and wagons having to follow them.

Compare to the 156,000 allied forces that landed on D-Day, who had logistical support that could be delivered by air and motorised transport, in areas of good infrastructure. You still saw WWII units looking fairly hodgepodge by the end of long periods on the line.

2 Likes

Oh I know (I have read lots of Napoleonic era history) - but visually, it still seems slightly jarring to me. As I said, maybe to used to seeing serried ranks of troops in dress uniform or indeed minis with perfect uniforms.

I really like it tho

2 Likes

Pretty pleased with this one. :smiley:

12 Likes

That’s a really fantastic color combination between the rusty orange and green. Nice work!

1 Like

Finished up the Yochlol. The picture’s not really doing justice to the dark lined recesses, but they look good. I think I pulled off the Other-Dimensional-Melted-Earwax-Candle vibe I was going for.

6 Likes

Number 2, done :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That’s some of the most plausible futuristic armour I’ve seen on a mini, and I really like the way you’ve brought out the inter-plate gaps. (Pity about the “please take my rifle away from me” pose, but you can’t have everything.)

3 Likes

Been building some Micro Machines scale cars for a pocket sized version of Gaslands

9 Likes

Loving the conversion work. Those are going to be epic.

My latest. Still slowly working on the indomitus box.

8 Likes

They look great. Really vivid

2 Likes

So I got carried away and stayed up late…

9 Likes

That looks badass. Nice

1 Like