The Plan - A play by committee game

Yep! That is correct

The red telephone on the aide’s table starts ringing.

After several seconds of terrified whispering the aide who had previously mixed up the name plates hesitantly picks up the phone.

Yes Mr President

No Mr President

The Chair? No Sir

They’ve been fighting over it

A long pause.

Yes sir, in the War room, Sir

Is that even legal Sir?

I’m writing it down now Sir.

Sir, hello, Sir?

With the telephone call completed, the aide scribbles down a set of orders. Please check your diplomatic pouches.

1 Like

The only way we’re going to definitively win this war is if we find and destroy their army. Sure, you can blow up bridges, apply sanctions, blockade their goddamn port but they are still in the fight until you kick their armies ass.

Intelligence, where are the bastards? I say we land on the beaches (that experience will sure come in useful in future years…) at two locations, designed to capture them in a pincer attack. Airforce, you keep their flyboys away and Navy, you make sure I aint getting no shells up my ass from the sea, and this thing is won, fair and square

And take you there, as well, don’t forget that.
Which leads to their submarines being a great threat for your transports, so it is not as simple as getting you from A to B

The Chief of Naval Transport has resigned.

We simply have too many players for play-by-post, and the combination of that with conflicting objectives means the game isn’t going anywhere.

Wolf Flywheel lights his pipe and ponders aloud.

“I believe the beaches south of Svarozic are currently clear of enemy forces, so would make a fine landing site. I must point out that only marching a large force into their capital will definitely end the war, so all plans must keep this as the ultimate objective. Without more intelligence on the capital’s defences, I can’t comment on whether a decapitation strike is feasible.”

Thanks @JGD, as discussed over PM I understand the decision.

In terms of game movement going forward, any information that was in the Naval Transport briefing will be filtered out as and when it is required by myself.

Finally, something i can agree with!

1 Like

3 of the ministers have written personal responses to the President in relation to his latest order. I just wanted to confirm this is the correct procedure and your response should be sent via the diplomatic pouch.

To continue the briefing, as Air supremo I can take out almost anything but submarines. I can also transport troops but need an airport to land on.

Given the unpredictable weather we are only likely to be able to fly every second day.

I would imagine our offensive when it comes should be to bomb an area, bring into ships to bombard and then land a party, then I can transport in larger numbers. Unless we can secure an airport by other means

We must also defend and it would be good to ensure we can do that first!

I’m more concerned about our anti-aircraft defenses. Is that a responsibility of our Army or our Air Force?

AA brigades can defend out to 15 km and can’t be bombed (either way)

Their defensive forces are even spread across the central and western portions of the country.

I would suggest, based on the intel I have available to me, that Svatevit is likely a less defended position.

Then I suggest we land a large force near Svatevit, with a diversionary force aiming for another viable target to draw them away and split their forces. We’ll take the bridge to prevent any reinforcements making it to Svatevit.

Intelligence or Resistance/Propaganda, could you sow seeds of doubt on the location of our attack? Resistance attacks within the capital, or maybe even Perunu or the Air Field to greater slow any response, would also be very useful.

Naval Transport - tell me about your ability to land us as near to Svantevit as possible?

My concern continues to be Svarozic: we can decapitate their government but that means little if the replacement has the will and power to continue to wage war. But since Svarozic is a relatively soft target, might it be a reasonable goal for the diversionary force – which if it meets relatively little resistance can press on?

That sounds reasonable. We seem to be coming to a Plan. If there is little resistance, I suggest that the two armies converge after taking their respective targets, herd what is left of the Silvanian army together and crush it!

I feel we have a good plan for our offensive front.

I would like to spend some amount of time discussing our defensive position. Specifically the anti-air defense of Ashur and the positioning of troops to defend key infrastructure, such as our factories.

There is a credible threat against our radio interception station here in Ashur.

We have 3 aa brigades so one for the port, one for the airfield and I presume one for Asher, leaving Tiamat undefended by AA.

Note that the have 6 - do we have intel on their location. It would probably be the bridges and then key locations

Unfortunately, I have no intelligence regarding their AA defenses.

We know they have 6 AA units altogether, and I understand that one of them’s at Svarozic.