The Enemy Within

On the absurd rules front I do feel like it’s my Sigmarite duty to try and help a halfling out.

The rules are buried on page 297 in the equipment list that “crossbows and thrown weapons are relatively simple to use. You can attempt a ranged crossbow or ranged throwing test using your ballistic skill but the weapon loses all qualities whilst retaining its Flaws”

So any looted crossbows may be of more use than that sling.

3 Likes

You wouldnt get impale tho from the bolt, I think. Although that is a quality of the bolt not the crossbow so possibly not.

3 Likes

Session 7: He Always Kept That Head With Him: Into the sewers of Bogenhafen. What a fascinating new smell you’ve discovered.

4 Likes

Average number of legs on a goblin: about 2.1, after including the ones who have one leg for mundane reasons.

5 Likes

I laughed. I cried. I laughed again. Deafened, stunned, on fire, and drenched in shit… and it’s only the seventh session, surely WFRP can’t peak this early?! (Meanwhile Red Moon’s players were intriguing at a garden party lol.)

5 Likes

I’m hoping that Barnabus is standing outside the entrance, occasionally shouting “How’s it going in there?”

3 Likes

“I say, you appear to have fallen into a sewer that hasn’t been cleaned since the Empire was founded, are you all right?”

4 Likes

You definitely missed the right session, Jon.

4 Likes

At least the fire burned off some of the turds.

3 Likes

Session 8: All Kinds of Fish and Stuff: One bath in the river later, the party is back together and ready to confront Chaos.

4 Likes

Although I have taken very little interest in WHFRP down the decades, I’d heard of The Enemy Within, and grasped that sewers were a major venue through the collective unconscious of British gaming. Now I can see why.

4 Likes

Session 9: I’ve Barely Got Pants: Clearly something is amiss. I mean look at the moon! But where can it be?

3 Likes

I’m slightly baffled why they are fixed on the idea that there was a single three-legged goblin. It seems positively plausible that there could have been several.

1 Like

Given Werther’s skill at consuming alcohol, I agree that he should be no stranger to three-legged goblins.

2 Likes

Session 10: There May Be Creme Brulee: Turns out investigation is harder work than hitting things.

2 Likes

Session 11: Steinhager’s Back Door: What a lovely man. We can be sure he isn’t a chaos cultist.

2 Likes

Session 12: Make Bogenhafen Great Again: Spying on sorcerers is thirsty work.

4 Likes

Next session, the ritual, the one after that, fleeing the city?

3 Likes

Assuming there’s still a city to flee, of course.

Also possible: new character creation!

2 Likes

Possibly even with bonus XP!

Checking in on the party’s Dooms:

• Karl: “The sword shalt bring no justice, only thine end”
  • Werther: “The cock croweth loudest for you”
  • Annetta: “Secret knowledge will be a dangerous thing”
  • Barnabus: “Corruption tempts thee not, yet will thee pursue it as a lover to the pyre”
  • Doily doesn’t get one. Humans only.
4 Likes