The Enemy Within

Only by accident when I hadn’t fully absorbed the rules. However, I’m probably not going to use the protracted experience-gain activities.

4 Likes

The system seems basically fine from my side, but for various reasons my retention of the rules is measured in minutes.

6 Likes

Years of practice.

3 Likes

I’m very much enjoying it so far, feels like a more gritty version of D&D… although the problem with games with fun criitcal hit tables is that sooner or later they happen to you. I feel well-prepared for character loss though, so hopefully it won’t be too devastating when my nose gets punched out of my arse (in the game).

4 Likes

Yes death and crippling are very real in WFRP! I’ve had characters in my group carrying sprained and broken limbs for most of the game! Helps to put a few long journeys in to help recover so they don’t feel too bad about it!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am listening to Red Moon Roleplaying’s playthrough of this campaign at the moment as well, and their episodes usually drop shortly after yours. So first I have the comedic inevitability of Nick taking on the champion… and then some gritty seriousness. It’s Containing Multitudes practice I guess.

5 Likes

I cannot but notice a common thread here, in that for reasons unknown our listeners think that Whartson Hall games are somehow not serious :thinking:

5 Likes

@RogerBW you’re the GM yes? I’ve got all the books (not just the Enemy Within books and companions but things like Archives of the Empire and the Altdorf/Middenheim books) and can share pdfs etc if you need anything

Have you got this map? Super Huge Detailed Map of the Warhammer Old World

1 Like

They are neo-serious; a reformed style of seriousness.

5 Likes

Like Klatchian coffee, they take you through serious and out the other side…

2 Likes

I’ve seen the map, (and even downloaded it and sliced it into tiles for easier use), but the area north of Altdorf is not entirely consistent with the maps in the campaign books, so I’m using those for now.

1 Like

No maps of the Old World are consistent - what can I say, Cartography is crap in the Empire… :wink:

1 Like

Clearly the fell influence of Chaos.

Chaos ate my homework.

2 Likes

Be glad it’s not Tékumel: the ancient maps are small, ornament-like objects read by touching, looking at and sometimes licking…

1 Like

We’re so serious, we’re suoires.

1 Like

Are we?

1 Like

Well, yeah, I think that about sums it up.

2 Likes

Also briefly on fire (again).

2 Likes