The Enemy Within

The Wharties tackle the latest iteration of this venerable Warhammer FRP campaign.

Session 0: Doomed Is Not a Career Path: A character generation session before we plunge into the campaign.

Session 1: It’s a Tradeable Commodity: There is no better way to get to Altdorf than by coach. Sadly also no cheaper way.

Session 2: Clearly Underhand and Possibly Immoral: The roads are getting dangerous these days.

Session 3: Not Dressing Up Like Mr Gumby: Altdorf, heart of the Empire. Is that prophet working for Games Workshop?

Session 4: I Stole It Off a Corpse: On the Weissbruck canal. What can possibly go wrong?

Session 5: It Can Only Be Witchcraft: Turn up at the lawyers, claim the title. What could be easier?

Session 6: Even Though I’m On Zero Hit Points: The Schaffenfest, first call for all your sheep-related purchases.

Session 7: He Always Kept That Head With Him: Into the sewers of Bogenhafen. What a fascinating new smell you’ve discovered.

Session 8: All Kinds of Fish and Stuff: One bath in the river later, the party is back together and ready to confront Chaos.

Session 9: I’ve Barely Got Pants: Clearly something is amiss. I mean look at the moon! But where can it be?

Session 10: There May Be Creme Brulee: Turns out investigation is harder work than hitting things.

Session 11: Steinhager’s Back Door: What a lovely man. We can be sure he isn’t a chaos cultist.

Session 12: Make Bogenhafen Great Again: Spying on sorcerers is thirsty work.

Session 13: Leading Them Astray Down the Docks: Of course it’s a setup. That doesn’t mean we won’t go.

Session 14: Melee Condom: We lurk in the warehouse until the ritual… oh.

Session 15: The Watch Isn’t Fireproof: Tied up and next on the sacrifice queue. Will our heroes prevail?

6 Likes

Which edition?

1 Like

Will listen to this. Currently GMing in Bogenhafen …l

2 Likes

Cubicle 7.

Ive GMd it twice now if anyone needs any help!

3 Likes

At the rate we’re going there’s a considerable risk of death by hatbox before we even make it off the road.

6 Likes

Session 1: It’s a Tradeable Commodity: There is no better way to get to Altdorf than by coach. Sadly also no cheaper way.

3 Likes

Session 2: Clearly Underhand and Possibly Immoral: The roads are getting dangerous these days.

3 Likes

Enjoying the campaign start a lot here.

Back about 2009 my gaming group was totally broken up and my work travel was insane. My old roommate from undergrad ran the first part of Paths of the Damned with me playing a party of random WFRP 2e characters since we couldn’t get anyone else. Still feel a great attachment to the old wargame bits on the system and the baroque setting.

4 Likes

Session 3: Not Dressing Up Like Mr Gumby: Altdorf, heart of the Empire. Is that prophet working for Games Workshop?

3 Likes

I was today years old when I realized Lady Isolde from the start of this threw Gotrek and Felix out of a coach near Bogenhafen in the first of that set of short fiction.

4 Likes

Session 4: I Stole It Off a Corpse: On the Weissbruck canal. What can possibly go wrong?

4 Likes

Session 5: It Can Only Be Witchcraft: Turn up at the lawyers, claim the title. What could be easier?

2 Likes

Are the character sheets online anywhere? I’d be interested in seeing them

1 Like

No, but I’ll ask the players how they feel about it.

1 Like

Index of /warhammer/PCs (not for Annetta, I don’t have a PDF for her)

3 Likes

Session 6: Even Though I’m On Zero Hit Points: The Schaffenfest, first call for all your sheep-related purchases.

3 Likes

The core Whartson Hall experience is listening to Nick suffer. He does it so well.

7 Likes

I feel obliged to provide more of what our listeners enjoy, so Nick can look forward to having a phenomenally crappy time in future.

9 Likes

I haven’t listened to all this but how are you getting on with the system and have you houseruled anything?

2 Likes