The Crowdfunding Thread

So this is late (given the campaign finished today), but Mythic Battles Ragnarok had a fantastic campaign.

I have the Pantheon core pledge and it’s easily one of my favorite games, and probably the best value for the genre. It’s not cheap at all, but you get a ton of content and Ragnarok seems to be close to the same level.

Anyways, only posting this now as they will have late pledges and I really do believe it’s one of the best skirmish games out there.

As an aside, it seems Monolith learned something from Batman GCC as Ragnarok seems to have streamlined things, but obviously we won’t know for sure until it delivers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battles-ragnarok?ref=android_project_share

3 Likes

Whale Riders the board game and the card game are on their way :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Im putting my expectation down after solid hits from Grail with Yellow & Yangtze and Stephensons Rocket. I dont want to be extremely disappointed after hyping myself on this

5 Likes

This is a hard one.

I’ve largely trained myself out of high expectations for games but this means I find it quite difficult to enthuse about future games at all without a lot of digging - looking at components, rules, etc.

4 Likes

I need to buy Stephenson’s Rocket after Grail have said they’re not reprinting it

2 Likes

Oof! That’s a shame. Didn’t sold well, I assume. Makes me wonder how Medici and Circus Flohcati fared (both I also kept)

Same fate, purely a business decision

1 Like

I’ve $1ed it for the PM. I think I’m going for the 2 Mythic Battles cores + a few expansions. Not heard anything but great things about it.

After playing so much Blitzbowl with my friends over lockdown I think a 2p skirmish game would go down really well. Handy being able to host two games in parallel with the two sets too.

1 Like

Well @RogerBW , 3 weeks have passed and I receive my Oath shipping notification. Coincidence?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1280624810/18cash-and-18shares-make-your-18xx-even-better?ref=android_project_share

Maybe of interest to the 18XX fans here? From Mercury.

1 Like

I had seen them talking about this before. I’m pretty sure it’s not going to fund. The 400 money poker chip is the most reasonable product, but that is nearly 1US$ per chip (more than 1CAD per chip), and you can’t customize the chip denominations.

The cash chips are nice. I would prefer them to Iron Clays… if I could customize quantities.

EDIT: I got 400 Iron Clays for CA$371, and that included a beautiful wooden chest to store them in.

1 Like

…yes?

7 Likes

I only went in for $1 as well. No price change between the campaign and it gives me time to mull over what I want, lol.

I was actually talking with my son about doing a mini tournament once Ragnarok arrives. Could be a fun Saturday!!

1 Like

I’ll be watching this one as I love Keyflower and its aesthetics. Need to watch the rules explanation first. Hopefully, it’s a keyper :wink:

At Sea is the expansion but the base game is available too

2 Likes

which sort is keyper? i have played none of the key games mostly because i never bothered to figure out why there are so many of them and which are good… some are so much on sale it makes me suspicious

I can only point you to one of the best SUSD episodes ever

4 Likes

Probably the first instance, that I can recall, where I strongly disagreed with SUSD. Suburbia is awful.

3 Likes

oh no @pillbox is wrong on the internet :stuck_out_tongue:

See I like Suburbia… to a degree. But I’ve only played digital. so maybe you are right for the paper version :grin:

1 Like

Well, the worst part of it is the fiddle in keeping track of the income and population. The second worst part is the rich-get-richer problem.

Quinns’ assertion that the stories it tells are worthwhile: but I’m cynical and building a hazardous waste facility next to a retirement community isn’t funny… it’s just the banal nature of how corporate interests can manipulate zoning committees.

Now, a game about being a corrupt corporate juggernaut buying off local city councils to build your hazardous waste storage facilities in the basements of their public schools, now that could be a fun game that tells interesting stories.

2 Likes

I wish they are on sale here in the UK :frowning:

2 Likes

oh no and now I have to agree with you. the problems you cite are obviously not in the app. it does the bookkeeping and the opponent is an AI or it is a straight solo puzzle.

btw @lalunaverde Once upon a time I saw that video now that you mention it😊

2 Likes