The Crowdfunding Thread

Agreed. Aside from the aesthetics, I don’t remember the show well enough to get a sense of what the PCs would be doing–what type of plots would they be engaged in.

3 Likes

As I recall it, usually Planet of the Week: we only have a few hours to decide whether we’re going to abandon the Moonbase and settle here instead. Sometimes Space Phenomena or Weird Powerful Aliens.

2 Likes

Brian blessed on two separate occasions.

More shuttles exploding than Voyager.

Ian mcshane! Bernard cribben as a mad computer.

An incredible theme song for one of its two series.

3 Likes

Arguably (I’ll argue it) the best realistic spaceship design on TV.

4 Likes

I thought that was the B5 Starfury?

Image for reference

3 Likes

I’d rate that second, because (long rant about the impracticality of space fighters in a realistic setting).

3 Likes

There are loads of published and online resources about the show, with full plans for things like the base and the Eagles, which have everything you need to use in a game. An official RPG adaptation, if done well, might collect the useful stuff in one place and suggest interesting ways to use it, but otherwise it just lumbers the information with a system nobody asked for.

2 Likes

This is some prominent “made in China”ing.

5 Likes

It was teased most of the year that Restoration Games was going to launch a Kickstarter for their next Unmatched Adventures game this spring and it would be an IP, not public domain. Well they just announced the IP last week, and it is one that has been asked for by many people:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Guess I am going to relive a bit of my childhood. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I had to back the stormlight/mistborn rpg thing.

2 Likes

My Battletech Mercenaires KS finally arrived.

$650CAD worth of stompy little robots…

I will post pictures when I unpack and compare what I bought to what I think I bought…

EDIT: The Haul…

Not shown: a bunch of dice (plus some neato Liquid Core ones that are shockingly pretty), a challenge coin, a Timber Wolf that is officially Too Big, and a book entitled “Sun Tzu, The Art of War, Translated and Annotated by Jaime Wolf.”

14 Likes

Delivery! :truck: :clap:

9 Likes

Got the stuff. Thanks @MarkSP

16 Likes

Mine arrived today too :partying_face:

8 Likes

And me!!!

4 Likes

Feeling left out now. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just checked the post and mine arrived too :smiley:

2 Likes

Whoop! Thanks everyone

5 Likes

What’s the big box? Apparently my memories of the campaign are fuzzy.

1 Like

Box for sleeved cards. Sleeved mine so they fit

4 Likes