The Crowdfunding Thread

A legacy version of Sagrada? I’m not sure everything needs a legacy version and I love legacy games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/floodgategames/sagrada-artisans

4 Likes

The cool version of this is you end up with a full church of windows that look cool.

The realistic version of this is that the last mission is a bake sale to help repair the frames.

6 Likes

Does it come with a giant picture of a thermometer for tracking the progress of the church window fund?

5 Likes

Only in our dreams I suspect.

2 Likes

Is anyone paying £260 for foundations of Rome? Assuming the exchange rate is dollar to donut (aka pound sterling)

1 Like

If I have a job that pays a lot and have a big f-off house, then sure.

3 Likes

“We had to build a Foundations of Rome room. It wouldn’t fit in the games room.”

3 Likes

Was Foundations of Rome talked about in a recent SVWAG podcast as an example of a light game in a hug box that’s expensive due to all the unnecessary plastic?

2 Likes

Possibly - it’s a good description. It looks a bit like a lighter suburbia.

Yeah I’m not judging - if I had it spare I would but it feels like a lot still. I guess what would be really interesting would be to see who would be willing to divert a normal gaming budget for it ( a little bit like how I “rationalised” dice realms - that’s two games, but this is closer to four games).

If i were to characterise dice realms the feel it gives which is unusual For a game is an oddly physical and aggressive deckbuilder which feels like it fills a niche that doesn’t exist and so can sustain its premium on that basis.

I noped out of a Foundations of Rome playthrough video about 15 minutes in because once play started I was like…oh, you’re literally just buying lots to put buildings in. That is the game. Probably that is fun to someone but not me!

1 Like

Ah no. Didnt took it that way. Kinda difficult to justify it in my position, which will be different to another person’s

2 Likes

Whereas I thought. “That looks interesting. I’d like to play that… Why all the plastic? Why 3D? This would have been fine with cardboard (or maybe thin plastic like Blokus pieces) at 1/3 the price.”

2 Likes

What’s dumb is it is cardboard for the smaller buildings. So it’s not even consistent.

1 Like

In my earliest interactions with the hobby I was amazed at the end lay out of Carcasonne, that collective cool map we’d created with it’s janky open towns, sleeping farmers and giant fields. But I wonder if in the modern era of plastics a plenty to get even close to a similar feeling you need a three-d environment, so in the current culture with a lot of scattered minis seeing a small collectively made town with plastic buildings is a cool feeling that would not be replicated by card tiles.

3 Likes