The Crowdfunding Thread

Really, any sufficiently grunty power source will do.

(The original concept had the car being driven into a nuclear test to provide power for the trip home.)

2 Likes

If we went by the second movie, we should be able to power it with banana skins and waste by nowā€¦

1 Like

2 years later. This was the last game I backed blindly and also takes a lot of space (half a Kallax cube). Keen on giving it a go for a few times and make a decision from there

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to try this!

1 Like

Cool. We should arrange something. Works only with even players so 4 is good

1 Like

Skyrise by Gavan Brown of Roxley Games ā€” Kickstarter

Roxleyā€™s reimplementation of Metropolys. Considering how much I dislike Brass Birmingham, I might wait for this one. Definitely not going for deluxe. Even if they fix the problems of Metropolys, I wouldnā€™t pay deluxe prices for it.

2 Likes

I have been considering Skyrise and had this on my ā€žwaiting for itā€œ-list for a good while but I think I am on the ā€žwait for retailā€œ or ā€žwait for cheaper German versionā€œ side now that I have seen the KS. (Also I recently studied my list of preorders and decided that it was a very exciting list of games and maybe maybe I can take a break from backing stuff)

3 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ 2 player trick taking, eh?

2 Likes

So I finally stumbled on images of this with it rising up the hotness on BGG. Is it just me or is the aesthetic very similar to the Christopher Nolan Batman films for the architecture? Is it some vibe of 1920s but not fully?

Iā€™m off new games for now that arenā€™t around 19th Century trains so just being interested by the visuals here.

I have watched the series but not fully immersed into the series itself to remember it. It looks Art Deco (which I also adore)

Any thoughts on
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mindclash/septima
? ThinkerThemer just did an enthusiastic preview (linked from the KS page), but the designerā€™s new to me.

I was interested, but I canā€™t justify spending ~Ā£80 on a game that I havenā€™t tried and I know nothing else by the designer.

Iā€™m just gonna wait for retail.

3 Likes

Considering that Mindclash games do get retail editionsā€¦ I think Iā€˜ll maybe see if I can try this at SPIEL. Or at least get a closer look. 80 sounds like a lot.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve felt enthused about anything else from Mindclash, and while I realise itā€™s different designers etc. I do think theyā€™re trying for a ā€œstyleā€ of game they publish which may well not be mine. I shall restrain myself and see what I can learn at Essen :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/all-aboardgames/all-aboard-games-wave-5

:steam_locomotive:

2 Likes

:steam_locomotive::steam_locomotive::steam_locomotive::steam_locomotive::steam_locomotive::steam_locomotive:

I went for 18SJ, 18GB, and all the expansions.

Im curious on how nationalisation works with 18SJ :sweden::sweden::sweden:. Nationalisation mechanisms are always interesting.

18GB :uk::uk::uk: - big fan of '60 Isle of Wight and '62 East Anglia so this seems like a no-brainer. Also, itā€™a incremental cap :eyes::eyes::eyes:

3 Likes

Poss in for 21Moon, because spaaace!

The same designer also has 18Svea as a PnP. Itā€™s a tiny 10 space 2-3 player 18XX. Iā€™m tempted to make it.

Truth, thereā€™s some people locally that buy everything Mindclash so Iā€™ll muscle in on a game when their copies arrive.

4 Likes

A similar thought crossed my mind :laughing:

4 Likes

Unfortunately, Iā€™m Being A Sensible Grown Up and not paying the better part of Ā£100 for a game Iā€™ll hardly play

6 Likes

I was never wowed by any Mindclash game. I like the witch theme so this is gonna be a 2nd hand/trade thing

3 Likes