Tekelilicon UK/Europe 2022, 13-14 August, Bourne End Community Library

Love the Avatar

Surely a game of CalvinBall is top of the agenda?

3 Likes

I want them to let me use the library again.

4 Likes

We’re only there for two days so I really can’t see how we’d finish a game of CalvinBall! Not that I’m sure how a game of CalvinBall can ever actually be finished…

3 Likes
  1. Exhaustion
  2. Confusion
  3. Parental Intervention
4 Likes

I’ve frequently encountered the first two at gaming conventions, but never the third.

3 Likes

Preliminary packing list:

• Automobiles
  • BH2045
  • Coldwater Crown
  • Colt Express
  • FUSE
  • Lemminge
  • Onitama
  • The Quacks of Quedlinburg
  • Rallyman GT
  • Rush ‘n’ Crush
  • Sentinels of the Multiverse
  • VOLT

…yeah, I do seem to play a lot of racing games these days.

5 Likes

I’ve just gone over to the library to have a chat and look like a Normal Person (little do they know). It’ll be open to the public between 10 and 1 on Saturday, otherwise it’s just us (unless someone else rents a room). We have direct access to a closed garden.

6 Likes

One thing that’s coming up when I look at trains: there is a train strike on the Saturday. It only affects:

• Avanti West Coast, * Cross Country, * Greater Anglia
  • Great Western Railway , * Hull Trains, * LNER
  • London Overground , * London Northwestern Railway
  • Southeastern , * West Midlands Railway

But Great Western is the one that runs Paddington->Maidenhead->Bourne End , which some folks (like me) might be getting. They haven’t announced specific changes yet, I think that should be finalised by the 9th?

I’m in London so I imagine there will be alternatives on the day, and maybe the strike won’t go ahead, so fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Ooh, good point, thanks. If that does disrupt trains at Paddington, your best alternative would probably be Marylebone → High Wycombe, then buses 36, 37, 37A or 37B towards Maidenhead - making sure it stops at bucdpwjg which is just by Bourne End railway station.

I’ll be happy to give people lifts at the end of the day, and I hope other attending drivers will help too.

4 Likes

With apologies the work thing has now disappeared and train strike plus Heathrow issues means I won’t be able to make it from Edinburgh. Hope you have an excellent time and gutted not to make it.

4 Likes

Oh, too bad! What do you want your placeholder teddy bear to look like?

4 Likes

Just with a tear :cry: and a raincoat naturally …

I am most sorry for those who will now have to assume the last place position I would naturally have inhabited in most games …

10 Likes

Sarah and I are hoping to attend on both days - cash on the day still ok?

7 Likes

Absolutely! And welcome to the board!

2 Likes

Would anyone be interested in trading games?

I have a few which I’ll never ever play now and I wonder if anyone would want to swap?

I can list them later if there’s an interest but as a start I want to shift Concordia with solo and “So you have been eaten” so if anyone has any relatively simple games (queen games like Thebes or ticket to ride level) they want to shift I’d be up for swapping.

2 Likes

I have some that I’d like to get rid of, maybe for money, maybe for other games, maybe just to get some more room at home as I get increasingly desperate…

• ALL of Alien Frontiers
  • Among the Stars, Expanding the Alliance, Ambassadors, Revival, New Dawn
  • Bad Maps
  • Camelot the Build
  • Camelot the Court
  • Chez Cthulhu
  • Chez Geek
  • Conflicting Legends 2e
  • Darwinning
  • Doctor! Doctor!
  • Dwarf
  • Exodus: Paris Nouveau
  • Kill Shot
  • Mafia de Cuba + Revolución
  • Odyseja
  • Ogre: Objective 218
  • RoadZsters
  • Space Race the Card Game + Interkosmos
  • Statecraft
  • Tragedy Looper (first edition)

Incidentally the forecast is for 31°C on Saturday, 30 on Sunday. And they were surprised that I wanted to be sure I could operate the blinds and windows…

3 Likes

Due to the train strikes I’ll have to miss this. The journey has gone up to near 3 hours each way.

This is a big shame, it would have been great to put more names to faces and real personalities to internet ones.

3 Likes

Very sorry to hear it!

2 Likes

I’m going to be arriving at the hotel tomorrow (I’ll do a covid test tonight just in case I need to cancel). I’m at the maidenhead premier inn if anyone is around in the evening or if anyone has any cool ideas about what to do around there in the evening.

2 Likes

Just visited to pick up the keys. All seems to be well.

There will be a market in the car park outside on Saturday, starting at 10, so if you plan to park you should probably try to turn up before then.

2 Likes