Star Trek Ascendancy (recruitment)

Exactly why I did it.

2 Likes

In regard to the Breen news, reading through the factions, some of them just seem really meh.

1 Like

I’ve played in games with the Ferengi and Vulcans and they were both very interesting (Vulcans in particular are challengingly different). No idea about the Cardassians or Andorians. It’s not Imperium: Classics levels of asymmetry (everyone has ships and fleet cards and advances), but there are definitely approaches that will work for each faction and approaches that won’t.

Given that the Breen seem to be fairly ill-defined I assume the GF9 designers have quite a bit of latitude.

1 Like

Energy dampening weaponry, hats. Thats about it.

1 Like

(4 research / 1 command) Hat To Wear Among Strangers: you cancel First Strike against you.

2 Likes

I’d be happy to play as the Andorians. The Vulcans look interesting but add so many extra rules.

Definitely up for doing that again! (And I’ve got all the bitmaps and stuff now… and written a deck shuffler for setup…)

Any objection if I invite BGG people over? The software here is more amenable to PBFs than theirs.

2 Likes

Okay, statistically I should’ve won that fight by a fair margin…

R1: Romulans (27) inflict 9 hits before Klingons roll. Klingons (13+1) hit 7 becomes 6.
R2: Romulans (21) hit 7. Klingons (13+1) hit 7 becomes 6
R3: Romulans (15) hit 5. Klingons (6+1). hit 4 becomes 3.
R4: Romulans (12) hit 4. Victory

Even with a lackluster first round (7 hits instead of 9), I should’ve recovered by Round 4… but that initial Klingon volley hitting 12 ships, woof. No recovering from that.

I am 100% on board for another game, and am happy to play with more players.

2 Likes

I think more players can only be good! (And can probably teach us more.)

2 Likes

OK, that’s at least two players for game 2; I may take a seat depending on numbers. (Also depending on whether we use the Borg.)

2 Likes

I’d like to play!? This would be my first time using this method. Thank you for letting me know!

2 Likes

Welcome!

Any game preferences - level of Borg, which race(s) to play?

I’m using Mattias’ compiled/modified rules as the canonical rule set.

1 Like

Hi @Delwayne and welcome!

1 Like

is there a way of discorse being able to flag or email me if there is a message? or do I have to check here manually? As for race, I don’t mind playing Romulan. Level of Borg? Does not matter? (I’ll have to check Mattias’ manuals to see what that levels there are)
(disregard. it did send me notice of replies! Thank you everyone, and looking forward to some great gaming!)

2 Likes

Under the Ⓓ at top right, click on the head-and-shoulders, then on settings - under Emails and Notifications you can configure how often you’ll get, er, emails and notifications. :slight_smile:

Borg levels:

• 0 No Borg at all
  • 1 Some Borg - red exploration and command cards are removed, Transwarp Conduits in the system disc stack.
  • 2 Delta Quadrant Probe (minor): Transwarp Conduits shuffled in.
  • 3 Delta Quadrant Probe (major): Transwarp Conduits and Hub shuffled in.
  • 4 Delta Quadrant Connection: Conduits shuffled in, Hub present at game start.

my top 3 would be.
Romulan
Klingon
Federation
Andorian

1 Like

Borg. Does not matter. But if everyone is advanced and want some change, then Level 4 is fine. Borg doesn’t scare us as much anymore now that we know how to take care of them. Hmm, I better check to see Borg Matthias rules.

1 Like

The one time I played with them, they wiped the floor with us one civilisation at a time. But that was about my second game. (This one just finished was my fourth.)

1 Like

Well, lets see how many players we can get for the next game. I told a few others about a new game starting. I’ll re-view all your previous games posted here.

3 Likes

I have only had my teeth kicked in with the Borg, so I’m not super enthusiastic about their use, but I’m not opposed to them if everyone else wants. I would go light, though, since I almost guarantee that they will attack me first.

Just the way the universe works.

As for races:

1. Cardassian
  2. Klingon
  3. Andorian
  4. Romulan
  5. Federation
  6. Vulcan
  7. Ferengi.