Star Trek Ascendancy (recruitment)

Testing, testing. 40 inch circular map rendered at 2048×2048.

2 Likes

Looks marvelous!

And look at the Federation, poised at the top there, already trying to exert their insidious Root-beer-like propaganda upon us poor Romulans and my noble Klingon brethren. Shameless! They already attempt to turn us against each other when we should be working together against them!

Just watch! The Federation politicians will soon descend to claim that it was “arbitrary” that they’re at the top, that they can “change it” if we want, but it is too late! They have shown their hand, and we know that we must unify against them, or perish…

2 Likes

Captains Log Stardate, um, 0.

Finally the checks have all been passed and we are finally able to seek out new life forms beyond our own system.

I am a realist, I realise it will be a long road getting from here to there, but the challenge is exactly why I joined star fleet in the first place…

2 Likes

My brave Federation ally! Have you heard the malicious lies the Klingons are spreading about you? The Klingon ambassador, who I’m not certain has managed to master the art of bathing yet, was saying slanderous things about your parental figures while joking about disemboweling your offspring.

A vile species, truly. It’s a miracle they ever managed to reach warp technology… a cruel joke if ever there was one. However, now that you are here, we can unite against them! Ensure that their lies and violence stops once and for all! Divided, we shall fall, but united… united we stand a chance…

Pah! We have no patience for pretty words and the knife in the back. We much prefer the knife in the front.

2 Likes

How curious. We have heard whispering a of a race that keeps to the shadows and avoids interaction and yet here you are. It seems the stories of old are all untrue. We cannot wait to meet you and form economic bonds.

1 Like

(Status update: I have node markers up and running, I’m working on ship markers, and I need to write something that’ll dump the visible parts of the game-state file into public data. I think those are the last necessary steps before kicking things off.)

2 Likes

It… is… alive!

First post is a game status dump; I think all setup is complete. The “1 2 3” on your dashboard are your fleet markers. I expect to expand the page sideways to show more advancements, trade agreements, fleet cards, etc.

Let me know

• anything that’s missing
  • anything that’s wrong
  • anything that could be better

Once you confirm that you’re happy, I’ll kick off round 1.

2 Likes

Ready to go!

2 Likes

Good to go! Engage in the warp factor of 5-6-7-8!
(Always with the jazz…)

2 Likes

Okay, calling it now: Crystaline Entity to the north and… Kevin Uxbridge to the West.

There is no punishment to fit his crime, after all…

1 Like

In the “Unofficial” rules, you can choose either to pick 1 Research project, or start 2 random ones, at your preference. I don’t know if we’re using those rules or the original (whatever they are)

1 Like

(But can’t you only have as many research projects as your ascendancy level?)

Right. So I only want 1, so I want to pick the one I get (which in the Unofficial Rules, is an option). But later when my Ascendancy has risen slightly, I might want multiple projects really quickly because Researching always puts 1 resource per project, so many projects are completed quickly.

1 Like

Right. Chatter in THIS thread, game in THAT thread.

Keep it clean, Marx… keep it clean.

1 Like

Moved rules discussion over here.

You can have active (i.e. incomplete) projects equal to your research nodes, i.e. 1 right now.

On your turn, you may Exhaust a Command to either look
through your Advancement deck and choose one Project to
launch or shuffle your Advancement deck and launch two
randomly drawn Projects.

So you’re choosing the first option.

1 Like

Correct.

I forget how to do die rolls intentionally (for the space lanes)

{roll d3+1} using [brackets] rather than {braces}

1 Like

Okay, Rog is good (2 Production is definitely good, assuming my ships survive to arrive there again… the Traveler kicking me out so soon was a little annoying).

I blame Wesley. This is all The Boy’s fault.

Having a Phenomenon I can send the Mining Fleet to next turn, though… that’s shiny. Or should I build a Research Fleet… tech is important, but at this stage, resources may be more so?.. gah.

Decisions! For Next Turn!

Do remember, the thing I often forget, that a Fleet must have at least three ships in it.

1 Like