Star Trek Ascendancy game 3

2 commands remaining.

1 Like

C5/6: move 1 ship from cardassia prime to bajor.

Thanks for setting this up and good luck to everyone!

2 Likes

Next turn card is 4, the Ferengi: @RossM.

1 Like

Ok. Research ‘Peace is good for business’

Build a starbase at Ferenginar.

Form three ships at Ferenginar into commerce enforcement squadron.

Launch fleet east (for free)

Come out of warp

(Commands used 4)

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:

• C1 initiate research project
  • C2 commission starbase
  • C3 commission fleet
  • C3½ fleet into warp
  • C4 fleet out of warp

Space lane length d3+1: 3

You can put the new system against the edge of the universe, letting Risa move inwards, or put it slightly inwards from Risa potentially locking that to the edge. Which way would you rather do it?

System: Valakis VI (PC-4)
Exploration: Federation Confrontation (place a new Federation Ship in this System)

Inwards please!

Hi the federation! (@Canadian_Errant )

Would you like a trade deal?

Hi Ferengi, sure, let’s make a deal. Do you intend to colonize Valakis VI?

(note a thing we’ve got wrong in previous games - Ferengi can give a deal now, but it’s up to Federation to reciprocate on their turn)

Ah, well, I accept the deal, and I intend to offer the Ferengi a deal in return.

1 Like

I’m more than happy to let you have the planet for colonising, what trade deal would you offer?

Now, if I understand, Ferengi trade deals are- if i let you leave ships in orbit of my planets, then I get something. I intend to offer you the one production, to start? And if things end up better, then we can massage things later

I’m giving you a whole planet on my home worlds doorstep. That’s a great deal. I’d like a two production for that.

My only hesitation is I don’t know if I can colonize the planet. If I can, I’m happy to give you the two production trade deal. If I can’t, then I’ll give you the one out of friendliness.

I appreciate that. Fair enough.

Final command. Move one ship from the fleet at impulse east to link this system to Risa.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
Space lane length d3+1: 4