Star Trek Ascendancy game 3

Happy to be here. I’ve played irl a handful of times. Most times the same faction. I choose Cardassian.

3 Likes

Welcome!

@Delwayne to choose next. (As usual in PBFs, if you want to private-message me a priority list I’ll implement it when we get to you.)

1 Like

I chose Vulcan. Who is next to choose?

• Canadian_Errant chooses Federation
  • Marx chooses Klingon
  • so @RossM has Andorian and Ferengi to choose from. After that please specify your homeworld position relative to Romulus.

What the hell Ferengi. Central north.

To clarify positioning: I was going to put Romulus at centre north (I may have explained this badly), and I want to know where you want to be relative to them.

(You may be glad to know that the shuffler had put Transwarp Conduit at slots 1 and 9 in the system disc stack. This always happens when I play face to face too.)

1 Like

Ok centre south then?

1 Like

It works!

@Canadian_Errant to choose a spot, then @Delwayne, and MIGHTYSploosh will get the last space.

I mentioned to Roger via DM but I choose SW/8 o’clock for Earth

2oclock position for Vulcan

are we starting with just the one system each? or with the more complicated groups of systems? (Rules are confusing)

Round 1

The Borg get a random turn order card (until someone is assimilated). In this case they get card number 2. Since there is no Transwarp Hub, no Borg World and no Borg Cube on the table, they do nothing. As far as you know. Heh heh heh.

First active human player is @MIGHTYSploosh on card 3.

1 Like

Sorry, I missed this while I was head-down in software. This is a “Base Starting Resources” setup (§5.8.2): one system, three of each resource, one Ascendancy except Vulcans three, three ships at homeworld.

If everyone’s ready to go, I’ll take my first steps.

Build: 1 ship

C1/2: explore SW touching the edge.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
Space lane length: d3+1: 4
Destination system: Risa (C-4)
Exploration card: Rigelians; diplomacy test: d6+1: 4 must exceed 4 to pass.

4 commands remaining.

So I rolled a 4 and now the system is empty, correct?

C4/5: 1 ship explore touching the edge.

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
Correct, you didn’t make the Diplomacy check, so this is an undeveloped system. That didn’t cost you a command, though, and as the Cardassians you have an extra one to start with

C3-C4: I’m assuming this is another ship exploring from Cardassia Prime.

Space lane length d3+1: 4
System: Bajor (PCO-4)
Exploration: Dangerous Flora (+2 Research to colonise)