Star Trek Ascendancy game 2

(Why would you not colonise Argolis!)

I will indeed colonize Argolis, lamenting the loss of one Command in exchange. That’s actually not nearly as bad as I thought it was (I thought I lost three, and that would be far worse!)

Oh well. A very acceptable trade, I suppose!

1 Like

Well, one command - you’d already used 5 for the research project and the two exploration actions, so there was only the one left.

Round 1 Recharge Phase

• Victory check: 5 Ascendancy (not Vulcans), 3 Homeworlds (not Vulcans), Vulcan Agenda
  • Nodes produce:
    • Vulcan: P, R, C
    • Cardassian: P, R, C
    • Federation: P, R, C
    • Romulan: P, R, C
    • Andorian: P, R, C
  • Trade Agreements produce:
    • Vulcan: R
    • Federation: 3P
    • Andorian: R
  • Resources from Advancements
  • Command tokens are reset
  • Ships at warp get another Warp token
  • Empty Phenomena get Research tokens

End of round 1

Please check for mistakes - I’m altering the record-keeping a bit from the last game.

2 Likes

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:

Round 2 Initiative Phase

d1000: 342 Assussanni / Federation
d1000: 596 Delwayne / Romulan
d1000: 734 Marx / Cardassian
d1000: 40 RogerBW / Vulcan
d1000: 824 RossM / Andorian

@RossM, Marx, Delwayne, Assussanni, RogerBW.

(First Contact for turn order bidding is defined as having a connected path to someone else’s homeworld.)

1 Like

Ship in warp, leave warp attempting to connect to argolis. If not we will plonk down a planet.

Lane length d3+1: 3

Greetings Cardassians! Are you happy to agree to the trade agreement previously organised?

@Marx

1 Like

Are we doing 2 dimensional or 3 dimensional? ie. like TTS, swivel a lane and planet can occur over another. Or are we locked in a “flat plane” existence?

I believe flat plane only.

Yes, lanes are not allowed to move across each other after placement. §8.6.4 “When swinging a Floating System or Space Lane, you may not pick it up off the board, it can only swing around the single System to which it’s directly connected.”

Actually would you consider a 2 production trade for a 2 production trade?

(Sorry for the delay. My next command are based on the result of these negotiations.)

1 Like

Two for two works for me, yes!

1 Like

Excellent!

Two commands to launch the ship on Andor into and out of Warp, west placing any system found against the border of the play area.

Warp lane length [roll 3d+1]
System is Bajor (PCO-4)
Exploration is Talosian Benefactors: “For each Rival Trade Agreement you hold, take 2 Research and add it to your Reserves.”

Let’s try that again: d3+1: 2

4 Research gained. 2 Commands left.