Star Trek Ascendancy game 2

Build a starbase over Andoria

Turn over?

Sends sub space message to @Marx

You have one more unexhausted Command I believe.
C1 drop out of warp at Argolis
C2-C3 explore W
C4 establish starbase

Donā€™t andorian starbases require 2 commands?

Ah, right, not on the dashboard but in the special Command card.

@Marx to play.

Do Andorians ignore rule 12.2.1.1: ā€œYou may only Commission one Starbase per Ascendancy Level youā€™ve achieved.ā€?

1 Like

Oh. Thatā€™s a fair point. Forgot humble beginnings. Thanks @Assussanni

2 Likes

No worries (I spent a lot of my first turn intending to commission a starbase before finding that rule).

1 Like

Going to commission some research. Instead. To the appendixes!

We rarely use Vulcans unless there are 5+ players. Iā€™m just wondering if it is a fair playing setting when used with Humble Beginnings? Guess we shall see. Wondering how early did Vulcans come to be known within the ST galaxy? To not even be able to reach Ascendency one till perhaps 5+ turns might still be an advantage for the Vulcan player? (just a realization Iā€™m experiencing).

1 Like

Research Andorian Ale

End turn.

I am stuck at work for another 2 hours, but will take my turn immediately after that.

Thanks!

1 Like

Since you had two Commands, you can do something else as well as kicking off the Project I think?

I know, but I canā€™t think of anything I want to do. Happy with ship placements etc.

1 Like

Okay, after all that delay, I think I am going to have a shockingly short turn.

Build Phase

• 1 Research on ā€œLabour Campsā€
  • 1 Culture and the Ship in orbit of Goralis to build a Colony there.

Command Phase

• Pass

And Iā€™m done!

(I have to have ships in orbit of my colonies to produce resources, so I canā€™t risk them, and I need that Production to build a new Production nodeā€¦ so canā€™t build a new shipā€¦ so a very short turn indeed).

2 Likes

Romulans will colonize and then build a research node.

Then, we will go in and out of warp from homeworld. Slide that one sitting at 10 oā€™clock, to be moved to the far lower right. We will make the new space lane and system at 10olock.

2 Likes

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
Warp lane length d3+1: 3
Destination system Murasaki 312: H5 Phenomenon-3
Ship is lost on a 5+: d6: 1

1 Research to your pool. 3 Commands remain.

(About to go away for the weekend, and Iā€™ll be on hotel wifi and at a game convention, so updates will be rare if they happen at all.)

1 Like
  1. we will do a focused research to obtain Advanced Cloaking Device project.
  2. Ship at Murasaki will slide system and move at impulse one to connect to Paulson Nebula (which was on the far lower right side)
  3. ship at Paulson Nebula will attempt to get the research token. (if successful, put on project)
    end turn.

Actually, space lane length matters, so we will not connect automatically. We will see what the length is first
ā€¦

1 Like