Spirit Island PbF - Game 1

Lightning’s Hasty Hurting

Option 3, gain one presence and three energy. Take the presence off the energy track and add it to land #5 on my board

2 Likes

Sorry, I have been quite busy this long weekend.

Thunderspeaker

I will choose my third growth option, adding 4 energy and 1 presence on the sandlands north of the city by the coast (3). That presence comes from my card row (bottom).

I will play Sudden Ambush (fast) and Voice of Thunder (slow)

1 Like

No worries, hope you had a good weekend.

After adding Presence (edit: and Chewy and COMaestro’s intentions), the board looks like this:

RogerBW Cards

You have 4 Energy and 1 Card Play.

Lordof1 Cards

You have 4 Energy and 2 Card Plays.

Lightnings_Special_Rules

Chewy77 Cards

You have 5 Energy and 2 Card Plays.

COMaestro Cards

You have 1 Energy, 2 Card Plays and 1 Moon.

@RogerBW @Lordof1 @COMaestro It is now time to choose Power cards to play this round. If you’d like to let me know what you intend to do with your fast cards at this point you can do and if I see it before everyone has chosen I might try annotating the board. (Chewy has already picked their cards.)

2 Likes
Thunderspeaker Swift Actions

With Sudden Ambush I gather a Dahan from the Jungle (8) to the inland Mountains (7) and destroy one pesky Explorer

1 Like
Ocean

Play Call of the Deeps to move the Explorer from my coastal mountain (3) to the ocean. Drown, baby, drown!

1 Like
Mr Rocky

Guard the Healing Land in my Blighted spot.

(I think this makes sense - everything I might do seems a bit wasteful. Comments welcome.)

@RogerBW Guard the Healing Land is range 1 from a Sacred Site, which unfortunately puts you just out of range of your blighted land (range 2 from your only Sacred Site at NW 8). It could be a very good play next turn if the invaders successfully build their town and you make a nearby Sacred Site because you will get the necessary Defend 4 and remove the blight.

I’m happy to offer alternative suggestions for this turn if you would like them, but I’ll let the other players have the opportunity to comment first.

1 Like

Ah, I haven’t internalised the iconography. Got it.

Mr Rocky version 2

In that case it’s probably time for a bit of rearranging: Draw of the Fruitful Earth, pulling one hut from 1 to 7, lining up for Rituals in a turn or two.

1 Like

Gentle nudge to @Lordof1 to pick cards to play, decide if you want to change any slow powers to be fast thanks to Lightning’s special ability, and declare what you would like to do with your fast powers. See most recent map post for details; no rush if you are busy.

Apologies. Need to sit down and look at this, will get it done tonight.

1 Like

Okay apologies for the delay and for this, which may change plans:

Zappity zap

I shall be frying all the invaders on the board with Raging Storm - which I will play as a fast power (because I have a purple blob thing on the card, is that right?
Also I shall be granting Lightning’s Boon to one other spirirt, so they get two slow powers as fast this turn.

Can I have advice on which spirit to give 2 fast powers to? Or can you make a case as to why your spirit should be doing it?

1 Like

@Lordof1 You can play Raging Storm as a fast power, because you have a purple blob (a.k.a. Air Element). It deals 1 damage to each invader in a single land at range 1 from your presence. This is shown under “Range” in the centre of the card. It is very unusual for powers to target multiple lands, it will be called out specifically in the main text of the card if it does so.

Do you still want to play this card, and if so which land would you like to target?

As for who to grant fast powers, I think RogerBW is the only player who would benefit this turn based on currently chosen cards.

1 Like

Ahh okay, not everyone on the board. Thought that seemed a bit good. In that case, forget that, I’ll play Shatter Homesteads instead, again as fast, in land 8. and yes, I’ll grant @RogerBW the speed.

1 Like

Yes, Roger will definitely benefit, as most of his powers are slow. ALthough every now and again I could benefit as well, specially to assist COMaestro inland, where he can hardly reach.

PS: I am debating as to where to use my slow power, on my coastal mountain area, or in COMaestro’s inland mountain area before it becomes too big to handle.

2 Likes

Okay, everyone has selected their cards for this round. These can be found at the bottom of this post.

Fast Power Phase

Lordof1 resolves Shatter Homesteads targeting NE8, causing 1 Fear and destroying the Town for another 1 Fear.
Chewy77 resolves Sudden Ambush targeting SE7, gathering 1 Dahan from SE8 to SE7 and destroying the Explorer.
COMaestro resolves Call of the Deeps targeting SW Ocean, gathering the Explorer from SW3 and drowning them.
Lordof1 resolves Lightning’s Boon, targeting RogerBW. @RogerBW you may resolve your slow power as a fast power if you want. If you do so, in addition to gathering the Dahan hut into NW7 as you planned you may also gather the Explorer in NW5, the Explorer in NW8, both or neither. Gathering the Explorers would prevent the Invaders from building Towns in those locations this turn. (Edited to add: Or, in light of the fact that you can now use this power fast, you could target a different land if you prefer.)

Board state pending RogerBW’s decision:

Fast Powers

(Lordof1 uses Lightning’s ability to play Shatter Homesteads as a fast power.)

Slow Powers

For Chewy’s Gather the Warriors Innate Power, you will have 2 Air and 1 Sun available.

1 Like

Let’s bring both explorers (NW 5 and 8) into 7, with the plan to do Rituals of Destruction next round.

2 Likes

Question for my slow powers. I know I announced that I was considering assisting COMaestro inland, but I think it is more efficient to eliminate my coastal mountain invaders on next round with Manifestation of Power and Glory after defending them with Words of Warning. I cannot achieve the same damage in SW1 as I have no presence there yet (or nearby that I can push with Dahan).

EDIT: By the way, the question is not to Assussanni, but to my fellow spirits, specially Ocean (COMaestro)

And with that the fast power phase concludes.

Invader Phase

Ravage: (none)

Build:
NW5 - none thanks to RogerBW & Lordof1,
NW8 - none thanks to RogerBW & Lordof1,
NE1 - invaders build a Town,
NE6 - invaders build a Town,
SW3 - none thanks to COMaestro,
SW7 - invaders build a City,
SE2 - invaders build Town,
SE7 - none thanks to Chewy77.

Explore: the top card of the Explore deck is Wetlands. An Explorer is placed in each Wetland… land.

Next turn the Invaders will Ravage the Mountains and Build in the Wetlands.

Board state going into the slow power phase:

Only @Chewy77 has slow powers left to resolve.

Slow Powers

You have 2 Air and 1 Sun available for Gather the Warriors. Let me know if you want to move your Presence with the Dahan, if relevant.

Slow_Powers_2

Hand Reminder

Cards_Remaining_Chewy77

Finally, so that it doesn’t get lost above, Chewy’s question to their fellow Spirits (particularly @COMaestro):

I know I am a bit of a liability with my inlands, as there is nothing I can do about them to start with, so it is expected that some ravages are bound to happen. @Chewy77, take care of your board for now, there will be time to deal with my inlands later.

And just a note, I believe I can deal with @RogerBW’s and @Chewy77’s coastal wetlands completely next turn, as well as the city in my desert.

2 Likes