Spirit Island PbF - Game 1

I agree, I was planning to destroy stuff there by my coast (SE2), but there’s another target about (SE1)

1 Like

Those explorers in my lands are going to regret poking my sacred area. I agree with the plan.

2 Likes

This is a family forum!

2 Likes

Nobody pokes Thunderboy in the sacred parts when Thundergirl is around…

1 Like

Agreed, NW8 is the main one I can’t reach, so let’s blat that one.

2 Likes

Invader Phase

Fear: Explorers removed from NW8, NE1 (x2) and SE2.

Ravage (Jungles)

No Invaders in NW6, NE8, SE4.
NW2: City + 2 Explorers: 5 damage - 7 defend = 0. Dahan retaliate, destroying both Explorers.
NE1: 1 Explorer: 1 damage - 0 defend = 1 damage to Dahan. Dahan retaliate, destroying the Explorer.
SW1: 1 Explorer: 1 damage - 0 defend = 1 damage to Dahan. Dahan retaliate, destroying the Explorer.
SW4: 1 Town + 1 Explorer: 3 damage - 3 defend = 0.
SE8:1 Town + 1 Explorer: 3 damage - 2 defend = 1 damage to a Dahan. Dahan retaliate, destroying all invaders: 1 Fear (11/16).

Build (Mountains)

The Fear Card effect cleared out three Mountains, while Lordof1 and Chewy combined to clear out another two in the fast power phase.
That just leaves NW5, SW3 and SW7, where the invaders build a Town in each.

Explore

The top card of the Explore deck is revealed and it is All Coastal Lands. An Explorer is added to lands #1, #2 and #3 on each board.

That brings us to the slow power phase, although it may be a few hours before I can provide an updated board and game state.

2 Likes

Ick, that’s a lot of explorers.

Just when I thought we were gaining the upper hand. Hopefully all grist to our watery miller though.

The board after the Invader Phase looks like this:

Reminder: next turn the Invaders will Ravage the Mountains and Build in All Coastal Lands.

Only RogerBW and Lordof1 have slow powers to resolve:

Slow Powers

RogerBW Card and Player Board

You have 5 Energy to carry forwards to next turn.

Discard Pile

Discard_Pile_RogerBW

Lordof1 Cards and Player Board

You have 0 Energy to carry forwards to next turn and no cards in hand. You’re skint!

Discard Pile

No new targets have presented themselves for Lordof1, so I’ll assume Thundering Destruction will target NE2 unless you let me know otherwise.

Umm… sorry, but my Draw was into NW2 to blat that city with the 3-Dahan bonus, not NW7.

This is the board before slow powers activate. Given that you now know where the invaders have explored, are you still happy with the proposed actions you suggested earlier?

For example, you would now end up with 6 health of invaders in NW2 from Draw of the Fruitful Earth but Rituals of Destruction only causes 5 damage.

You can freely choose to adjust where you target your slow powers and what you do with them after the invader phase, you don’t have to make any choices about their effects at the time you play them.

You should definitely pull in the explorer from NW3, but you might leave the rest, as that way with the Dahan you bring in, you’ll fully eliminate NW2 and will only need to worry about NW1 building next turn.

Also, any chance on the next turn you can grow into SW6 and use Perfect Stillness on that mountain area to prevent it ravaging? I don’t know if @Chewy77 has anything up his sleeve for there, but it’s getting a bit out of hand and I still can’t reach it to do anything about it.

I am claiming a Major Power next turn, and my corner of the island is not too bad now, so if I have a trick, is not up my sleeve yet.

EDIT: Correction, I could technically defend for 5 there using two of my fast powers (and for a meagre 2 energy) but I need to have some Dahan there, which likely will be by using Sudden ambush, which would give me enough Air to move my warriors as a fast action (and enough to destroy a town as well) with my innate powers. So I actually have a little trick up my sleeve already. But let’s see what the big Kahuna trick could be.

1 Like

Ah, thanks! Got mixed up about which powers had already gone off, and indeed how many Dahan were where.

With 3 Dahan in NW2 I put 5 damage there. So I can pull in one more explorer. (Which is what COMaestro said but I wanted to work through it.) So let’s do that:

• Draw of the Fruitful Earth in NW2
    • gather explorer from NW3
    • gather Dahan from NW1 and NW4
  • Rituals of Destruction in NW2

I’ll definitely note-to-self Growth SW6 and Stillness SW7 unless @Chewy77 says no. I don’t really have a clear plan for next round yet.

2 Likes

I’ll stick with my original target please, @Assussanni

1 Like

I think we can discuss once I get my cards back and a Major Power, we will have more information then.

1 Like

Slow Power Phase

Lordof1 resolves Thundering Destruction targeting NE2, destroying the Town and causing 1 Fear (12/16).
RogerBW resolves Draw of the Fruitful Earth targeting NW2, gathering Dahan from NW1 and NW4 and an Explorer for NW3.
RogerBW resolves Ritual of Destruction targeting NW2, destroying all Invaders for 2 Fear plus 2 additional Fear. FEAR CARD EARNED.

With that, you have also achieved TERROR LEVEL 2. You will win the game immediately if there are no Cities and no Towns on the island.

That is the end of the turn.

1 Like

At the start of Turn 6, the board looks like this:

Healthy Island: 8 Blight Remaining
Fear: 0/16
Fear Deck: 0/3/3, 1 Card to Resolve
Terror Level 2 (win if no Cities and no Towns on the island)

Invader Turn
Ravage: Mountains
Build: All Coastal Lands
Explore: Stage II (Sands or Wetlands)

RogerBW Player Board and Cards

You have 5 Energy carried forward from last turn.

Discard Pile

Discard_Pile_RogerBW

Lordof1 Player Board and Card

You have 0 Energy carried forward from last turn and no cards in hand.

Discard Pile

Chewy77 Player Board and Cards

You have 4 Energy carried forward from last turn and no cards in hand.

Discard Pile

COMaestro Player Board and Cards

You have 4 Energy carried forward from last turn and have drowned a lot of invaders (1 City, 5 Towns and 2 Explorers by my reckoning).

Cards_Remaining_COMaestro

Discard Pile

We’re back at the top of the Spirit Phase. Over to you to plan for the turn ahead and select growth options.

current thoughts in the NW

I am tempted to

• Reclaim again
  • Grow from card plays track into SW6
  • have 9 energy to play with
  • Fast:
    • Perfect Stillness [3] into SW7 for Chewy
    • Guard [3] into NW5 to stop the Blight there.
  • Invaders: Mountain Ravage town + explorer vs Defend 4 is stopped.
  • Slow: Draw [1] into NW5; can’t use Rituals [3] until there’s a Dahan there. (If Chewy can manage without Perfect Stillness, this becomes Draw and Rituals and I can knock off two more explorers, which would be very pleasing.)
1 Like

I definitely am reclaiming cards, which will earn me two new powers. I will go for a Minor Power first, and a Major on my second card. (Good I stored all that energy)

Then we will see what we can do about those pesky Invaders in the SW mountains.

1 Like