Spirit Island PbF - Game 1

Assuming @COMaestro is sorting out my NE3 (thank you, oh Spirit of Wetness!) then I shall be gaining energy (third option) to take a presence from my Energy track and plop it in NE2.
I’ll be playing Shatter Homesteads and Raging Storm, both as fast powers, and both in NE6, to clear it completely before the build phase. The lone and level sands stretch far away…

I’ll give the best bidder Lightning’s Boon, which gives me enough Thundering Destruction to destroy a town, which I’ll do in NE2.

Probs made some mistakes there but hopefully that makes sense!

I’m kicking myself as I should have moved one extra Dahan to SE4 and pushed it elsewhere to take my middle growth option, but never mind, I will take my third growth option that gives me plenty of energy. I will take my presence from the cards row, which allows me to reclaim one card. I will reclaim Entrancing aparitions, and place my presence disk on the sandy SE5.

My idea is to play both cards, Call of the Dahan and Entrancing, this second one should defend the southern Jungles.

Yes, I indeed do mean NE3. Made an incorrect assumption about how the numbers went.

And pretty much everything I am doing this turn is Fast anyway, so I don’t need Lightning’s Boon this turn.

If no one else needs it, I could use the duplicate power for Call to Isolation to eliminate the town in NW1 before you move the Dahan out.

1 Like

That’s the one town that’ll be left, by this plan, so it’s welcome, but if someone else wants it, go ahead.

I do need to use my lightning boon to get the gem things to destroy the town, so please feel free anyone as I’ll be playing it anyway.

I could turn some explorer to Dahan for you before they can build in the mountains, if you think that helps. That way, on my next turn, I may be able to help outside my Zone

EDIT: Wait, I have two moon signs, I could even change a town into a Dahan… If I do that in SE8, I can use Entrancing in Ocean’s inland and defend SW4 from ravage

2 Likes

I’m already defending the SW4 ravage, so that’s not a concern. But if you can change the Explorer there to a Dahan, it can take out the town afterward!

Would you not rather have me change the town to a Dahan and focus elsewhere later on?

Killing a town generates fear. Converting it does not :wink:

1 Like

Or maybe I can stick to the initial plan and convert the explorer in my mountains into a Dahan so they cannot build. Because converting one of your inner land towns does not really help unless we use a major power there later on…

A summary of what I think has been proposed so far:

RogerBW: Growth option 2, Presence from Energy to NW2, Draw of the Fruitful Earth in NW2, Rituals of Destruction in NW2 (both slow, so can retarget after Invader Phase if desired), Gift of Strength targeting COMaestro.

Lordof1: Growth option 3, Presence from Energy to NE2, Shatter Homesteads in NE6, Raging Storm in NE6, Thundering Destruction in NE2, Lightning’s Boon targeting Chewy77 (all can be fast, although I don’t think it benefits Thundering Destruction unless you are 1 Fear away from earning the next card, so this could be held until after the Invader Phase in case you want to retarget).

Chewy77: Growth option 3, Presence from Cards to SE5, reclaim Entrancing Apparitions and play in SE8, Call of the Dahan Ways (fast from Lordof1) in SE Mountains (land #2 (coast) or #7 (inland)?).

COMaestro: Growth option 2, Presence from Card Plays to NE ocean and NW ocean, Dark and Tangled Woods in SW4, Call to Isolation in NE3, repeat in NW1 from RogerBW, Grasping Tide in NW2, Pound Ships to Splinters.

None of this is fixed yet, so if anyone wants to adjust anything or you’d like more time for planning that’s absolutely fine.

Looks right except I can’t find the Defend 4 from @COMaestro into NW2.

1 Like

Should also have Grasping Tide to NW2.

Edit: nevermind, I see it now.

1 Like

Fine by me, yes I’ll leave Thundering Destruction as slow in case there’s a better target then. Thank you!

1 Like

Let’s say 7, I think the coast is better defended.

2 Likes

I’m taking that as a compliment :smiley:

2 Likes

By all means (I wave at the wave) :smiley:

2 Likes

Okay, I’ve processed all of the above. I won’t write it out again, but I’ll note what caused Fear:

• Lordof1 destroyed a town in NE6 with Shatter Homesteads. 1 Fear (3/16),
  • COMaestro played Grasping Tide. 2 Fear (5/16),
  • COMaestro played Dark and Tangled Woods. 2 Fear (7/16),
  • COMaestro drowned two towns by playing Call to Isolation twice, in NW1 and NE3. 2 Fear (9/16),
  • COMaestro used their innate power Pound Ships to Splinters. 1 Fear (10/16).

I’m sure COMaestro isn’t that scary really :stuck_out_tongue:

Moving on to the start of the Invader Phase, the board looks like this:

Reminder: Invaders will Ravage the Jungles and Build in the Mountains.

First, we reveal and resolve the Fear Card that you earned:

Fear_Card_2

This isn’t limited to your own Sacred Sites, so between you you can remove up to 4 of the 6 possible targets: 2 Explorers in NW2, 1 Explorer in NW8, 2 Explorers in NE1, 1 Explorer in SE2.

@RogerBW @Lordof1 @Chewy77 @COMaestro Over to you to discuss.

I think the best options would be NW8, NE1 x 2, and then I guess get rid of the explorer in SE2? Part of me wants to keep it there for future town building which we can destroy for a fear, but it might be better to just remove that from happening at all. NW2 is also an option, but that’s going to get wiped out between the Dahan retaliation and Roger’s Rituals of Destruction, so seems rather pointless.

1 Like