Just ignore me. I am still miffed about having decided it would be stupid to go.
If I were going to Spiel this year this is my list of anticipated games. More are being added to the preview every day and interesting stuff is bound to pop up.
- Bitoku because Devir seems to be interesting (I already preordered Luna Capital on a hunch)
- Dreadful Circus – looks positively dreadful, also Faidutti and Portal Games… it has to be something interesting at least.
- Trek 12: my experience on BGA was not bad and less “samy” than most R&W games
- Run! Run! Run! --a new Cathala game that reminds me a bit of Curse of the Temple
- High Score–Dr. Reiner Knizia obviously holds that one for designing the most games ever.
- Camel Up Off Season by Pretzel Games? (I never played the original but … )
- Roll Camera… so yes Radho was gushing about this. But more than usual. And it looked good and we have none of the other movie based games
- Shamans. You. This one is one you. No not SUSD, this forum.
- Ramen! Ramen! --we have been cooking Ramen a lot during the last too many months and this one seems to be the most interesting ramen-based game
- Free Radicals – Wizkids always comes up with the weirdest stuff so of course I want to take a closer look
- Air, Land & See Critters: yay for a re-theme. I am holding out for this one.
- Mille Fiori: well, the more I play, the more I appreciate Knizia or maybe it is the fault of SVWAG or @lalunaverde
- Voll Verplant: for the sweetest moment I thought this was the German version of the R&W implementation of Let’s Make a Bus Route. But not it is just the German version of MetroX. Still something I want to look at but not the thing I really want (and that is both on Radho and SVWAG the Busroute thing…)
This does not include games I already ordered (Brew & Luna Capital because last year I got burned by not immediately going for BtS)… and stuff that is Demo only (Phraya & Voidfall) or I have already played (Cascadia) also doesn’t include stuff by designers that have failed to impress me in the past no matter how much other people like them (Boonlake).
PS: I hope this is not a “I am going to buy all this” thread… I hope some of these turn out terrible before I go shopping. This is just my list of games I’d be going to visit at the publishers’ booths.