Sizes of boxes that feel... right

Queen Games are notorious for not being in this thread, as I recall. Good job : )

7 Likes

Complaining about empty boxes and discovering expansions made me think of two well-stuffed boxes that do things differently.

Bargain Quest, where the base box (minus the cardboard insert) is a great fit for everything (well, I don’t have the various small expansions themed around podcasts or whatever):

Then there’s Red Cathedral, where the base box is only as big as it needs to be, and the expansion that’s in an identical box that’s similarly stuffed!

6 Likes

This deserves a mention here. Horseless Carriage. Absolutely the most packed box I’ve ever owned, without any insert. Just barely all fits in.

9 Likes

All of them Root bits. Base game all the way to the Marauders stuff. All fits in base game box, 1 exp box, and the Hirelings box

8 Likes

Furnace with the expansion in the expansion box also feels right finally :slight_smile: Now I need to find out how on earth they made a solo mode for an auction game.

7 Likes

Azul Mini (top right) now takes up much less room than it’s bigger sibling.

Perfect.

5 Likes

Thats a small For the King and Me box. Did you cut it down?

2 Likes

I wrapped a box that had glass slides in from work. Ditched the useless board and added dice instead of the banners

(I could do with another Oink game, because it would look lovely)

4 Likes

Got the Horseless Carriage inserts from Cubes4Me. It is missing one insert and contacted the shop.

It fits nicely. Cubes are bagged because they completely missed the point of the cubes. I didnt add in the German rulebook.

Buuuut… there is the tray, which is often sold as a tray for 18xx tiles. But the problem here is that the tray doesnt fit inside the box! Now it has to site outside it, which is tolerable.

3 Likes

My normal edition of Ra arrived. The box is not enough :flushed::flushed:

5 Likes

Oooh, I wonder if that’s my mysterious Yodel parcel…

2 Likes

It is.

Okay. I manage to fit everything. Bagged the tiles and the tiles are “stacked” to reduce space wastage.

2 Likes

Undo the drawstring on the bag. It helps a lot.

3 Likes

Rejected Bond film title.

6 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

See here.

3 Likes

Guards of Atlantis 2. Bought deck boxes because Im still not keen on bagging them. The deck boxes are labelled. One additional box for the hero + minion cards. The game can now be stored vertically

10 Likes

Behold, the meat cuboid that is Dark Venture: Battle of the Ancients including the Beasts & Eggmen and Kings & Heroes expansions, AND the wooden faction token upgrade. Pictured included is the big sack of now-superfluous cardboard faction tokens, which I’ll ultimately set aside elsewhere, but I wanted to know if I could get away with tossing those in too.

Might not look like much but it’s secretly well organized for quick play.

[EDIT]

I found some Japanese coin cases to help keep all my units in better order. These aren’t ideal (they don’t quite hold everything), but should help with faction setup tremendously. The only tokens that don’t fit are the Kingsguard, the Merchant’s menagerie, and the event monsters, none of which require much in the way of sorting.

4 Likes

Pleased with the size of Sluff Off

(Note to self, stop buying trick takers)

7 Likes