Brought to us originally by @bruitist, I’m quoting him from the original forum:
Right, on the suggestion of @MinuteWalt, I’m making a thread to play this in!
Based on “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon”, the goal is to connect two actors together via people they’ve worked with.
Here are the rules (based on the variation I play):
- Your route should contain exactly six actors
- You can use films or TV but you can only use something once
- This includes separate episodes of a TV show
- Generally I avoid using films from a series, but that’s not a definite rule
- As we’re online, you’re welcome to use IMDB, etc to check things but you get a more satisfying result if you do the connecting in your head
- Whoever gets one correct gets to suggest a new pairing. You’re welcome to submit answers for pairings that have already been answered.
- You can add extra stipulations to your pairing if you like (such as “connect Matt Smith and David Tennant without using Doctor Who”).
As an example, here’s connecting Dean Cain to Brandon Routh without using an instance of them as Superman:
Dean Cain was in Supergirl with Calista Flockhart (He plays Supergirl’s dad - it totally counts as not Superman)
Calista Flockhart was in Ally McBeal with Robert Downey Jr
Robert Downey Jr was in Tropic Thunder with Jack Black
Jack Black was in Year One with Michael Cera
Michael Cera was in Scott Pilgrim Vs the World with Brandon Routh