Show off the inside of your boxes (photos of your game organisers)

I think there were similar discussions in the old forum but this sprung to mind today playing brass.

I like organisers for inside of my games and as such I have a couple of these plywood solutions.

I picked one up for brass, more due to it being comparatively cheap when shipping some other organisers for the Etsy seller which I felt were more needed.

As it turns out the bloody brass one is my favourite. The Birmingham box is neat anyway but the setup with the wee Individual organiser tray and the storage for the resources makes me smile every-time I set it up.

Curious to hear what organisers/box reductions other people like/have if they are home made or bought.

Or is it just me?

3 Likes

I have a bunch I designed and 3d-printed. For example, Welcome (Back) to the Dungeon:

(There’s a saltire cross under each tile deck to keep the thing straight and make picking up the tiles easier, and the card decks go above.)

or this weird one for Grifters:

3d printing is obviously more expensive than foamcore, but for small games like this where irregular shapes are wanted I think it works well.

I have an inlay in mind for Homeland: The Game, but when I specced it up I reckoned half the box would be empty!

6 Likes

Mine are usually found in the Foamcore thread :slight_smile: The last one I built was for Viscounts… I thought I would find more time between the years but I didn’t.

One that came with the game that I really love is Obsession:

Another one that came with a pretty neat solution in place was Moonrakers:

5 Likes

Here’s the best innards in my collection right now. Many to give mention to, but I’m sticking to current titles for brevity, and will let the images do the talking.

Vac Trays

Champion of the Wild 2nd edition.

Nagaraja (player boards fit neatly into their own notch to close things off).

Third Party

Nemesis (base game) w/ eRaptor insert. Sadly doesn’t fit the terrain expansion. Smells like it went camping.

Custom Jobbie

Flamme Rouge w/ Peloton et Meteo. Tuckboxes from BGG files. Box reinforced with foamcore due to damage. Lots of extra room, but we’ll see what this all looks like once the Grand Tour hits. *Note this is a big empty box.

Big Empty Box (:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

Lost Ruins of Arnak. Random trays pillaged from the closet, cards sleeved and boxed.

Teotihuacan w/ Late Preclassic Period and Shadow of Xitle. Upgraded with bags, cocoa geekbits and wooden decoration tiles. Hopeful if not confident I’ll be able to get the final expansion in here…

6 Likes

Bumping for my $16CAD Xia solution. I’m going to end up making a kind of sleeve out of foam core for the tiles, but I think this is pretty darn nifty. The Missions and Powers box is just holding the replaced cards/solo cards from Embers and otherwise helping fill a little void space. Quite happy!

4 Likes

I think Flamme Rouge is the only game I’ve made an organiser for.

4 Likes

What’s the best place to buy custom made inserts? Foldedspace don’t deliver to UK anymore

You can still get some folded space inserts here:

https://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/folded-space-446-c.asp

Thank you!

1 Like

Games Lore still seem to be stocking them as well. They just got some new ones in this week.

https://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/Games_Folded_Space_274-p1.html

1 Like

The only wooden inserts I’ve bought for any game are: Marvel Champions and the expansion box.

From these guys: Items for sale by cph-laserdesign | eBay

The wood actually sticks up over the main box height a little, so that the cards can be vertical, but it’s SO worth it to have heroes and aspects all separated:

And the expansion size frame is horizontal and fits perfectly (I keep all the Villains in this box) :

If anyone who collects serious amounts of CCGs / LCGs has tips for storage, let me know. Even neatly like this, I’m already at max capacity using these boxes (I’ll get a bit more space when Galaxy’s Finest expansion comes out in April…)

1 Like

I feel as though up until recently (probably the last year or so), I had been looking at “off brand” 40W laser engravers/cutters on Amazon. I can’t find anything comparable now, which is sad because I was planning a dedicated space for one in my garage (with a proper fume vent)

EDIT: I guess I should have checked again before posting that. Just went and looked and it looks like perhaps they’ve gotten more stock in since the (likely) Christmas rush.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m Very Interested. Looks as if they’re all based on more or less the same 40W laser tube, and most of them seem to need a special Corel Draw printer driver…

2 Likes

After about twelve days of printing (though to be fair I did have a couple of other small jobs during that time, and I didn’t get up early when a job had finished overnight), I have storage for Xia:

Far side: tier 3, tier 2, NPC/special ships, and the system stack (plus space station and economy board)
Near side: trade and Ember cubes, NPC cards (and a bag of event location markers, the one thing the designer didn’t account for), tier 1 (doesn’t actually live there), two player-bits trays (with their own set of dice).

On the near side, I’ve fitted in the money, damage, exploration and event tokens tray. Tier 1 ships are now tucked sideways at the end, to reveal the holder for the rest of the cards. Two more player-bits trays.

Finally, the outfits, and the last two player-bits trays.

The ship cards slot in very neatly on top of the outfits. I still don’t really want to turn the box sideways, but I think the confusion would be relatively minor.

The trade cube trays with pegs on them slot together into a pentagonal stand for the economy board. The fit is quite tight so for now I’ll need to take the cubes out while I do this, but I may file the slots down a bit.

The design is by Fabmaszter on Thingiverse and this is their photo of the trade board setup:

10 Likes

Oh my… stunning job! I may need to talk to you about this :grin:

1 Like

Keeping this thread close by for when I receive Xia…

2 Likes

I fixed the problem with the Xia inlay not having a slot for the event location markers, with some horrible hacking about in OpenSCAD (new one on the left).

I’ve uploaded and tagged it as a “remix” to the original, so it should stay linked. Modified MoneyDmg tray for Xia by RogerBW - Thingiverse

7 Likes

I really need one of those printers at some point.

3 Likes