Sentinels of the Multiverse Definitive Edition PbP

Fanatic is… uhhh… an interesting one.

“You’re not really here for the whole saving the world thing, are you?”

Fanatic takes the 5 damage. @Chewy77 is up.

This is some amazing flavour text, thank you! Love it!

Sorry, busy all day yesterday with my OH birthday. I will draw Surge of Ihi.

For power phase I will use Surge of Ihi, which will get the pesky Jet-Jump Battalion out of the way and draw me more cards to choose from on future turns.

1 Like

Play phase: Surge of Ihi (one-shot).

• JJB takes 2 damage and is destroyed.
  • Draw 2 cards:
    • Knock Heads
    • Haka of Recovery

Power phase: you also get to use a power, which could be Mere (1 target 3 Melee damage, draw a card) or your innate Riri (1 target 2 Melee damage).

I think I will use Mere against the other battalion. Is Galvanize still on? That should leave them at 1 hit point left.

Yes it is, until Legacy’s next start phase.

Fanatic:
Play: Smite the Transgressor, doing 2 (+1 Galvanize = 3) to the Blade Battalion, destroying it.

“You claim you have a chaplain corps among your numbers? Gentlemen, God is clearly not on your side.”

Power: Exorcism, doing 1 melee (+1 Galvanize = 2) and 1 radiant (+1 Galvanize = 2) to the Baron, and 1 fixed psychic to myself.

“Baron, you should perhaps spend less time trafficking with dark powers, and more on your knees.”

Draw: Brutal Censure.

Over to @Lordof1 and the Argent Adept.

1 Like

Play phase: INSTRUMENTAL CONJURATION to summon (search for and put into play) TELAMON’S LYRA to the table, leaving me another card to play.
so… play SILVER SHADOW to activate INVENTIVE PREPARATION, which lets me discover (search deck and play) INSPIRING SUPERTONIC, and leaving me one draw/play
so… play COUNTERPOINT BULWARK.

“Even the thin atmosphere of Mars won’t stop me singing the song of your destruction, Baron!”

Power phase: strum up the old Lyra to acivate INSPIRING SUPERTONIC (perform), letting @RogerBW use a power (I’ll try to share these buffs out evenly as much as possible, I’d sort of like to buff Legacy to galvanise use again but it would wear off again at the start of Legacy’s turn so might as well get another thwack in before it does).

“Feel the music flow at let it inspire you, most terrifying religious lunatic!”

Also use the Lyra to activate INVENTIVE PREPARATION (accompany) to discover (search deck and play) COUNTERPOINT BULWARK, leaving me with one play/draw
… so play ALACRITIOUS SUBDOMINANT.

“The music of the spheres moves me more than your Terralunar Impulsion Beam, Blade!”

Draw phase: draw a card.

Done! There’s a reason why Argie is 10 complexity…

Fanatic uses Exorcism to deal 1 (+1) melee and 1 (+1) radiant to the Baron, and 1 to self.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium…

Draw: Silver Shadow.

Over to @Assussanni and Legacy, whose Galvanize will drop. (But please check that Argent Adept’s play area is right after that lot.)

I’ve got two COUNTERPOINT BULWARKs out, everything else looks right though.

Yes, one in your play phase from your hand and one in the power phase from the deck via Telamon’s Lyra. It’s not limited so I think it’s allowed.

Oh yes, I must have missed I already had one out earlier in the same turn, apologies. Still, there are occasions when it’s useful to have two of the same card out with AA.

1 Like

”Inspiring performance, Argent Adept. Now I think it’s time for some chin music!”
PLAY “THOKK!” to deal 5 (+1 nemesis) melee damage to Baron Blade.

Use GALVANIZE POWER to again give everyone +1 damage for their next turn.

DRAW a card and end turn.

The Argent Adept cringes. ‘Chin music?!’

I can’t find a Nemesis marker in the Tabletop Simulator mod assets, so I’ve set up a red-outlined “N” as a reminder.

Draw: Flying Smash.

Environment turn

New card: Self-Destruct Sequence.

(So at least once a round one of us should skip their whole card-play phase to put a card from hand under this. If at the start of the environment turn there are no cards under it, game over man, game over. Or it’s an ongoing, so things which destroy ongoing can stop it.)

Round 3

Villain turn

There are 3 cards in Baron Blade’s trash.
New card: Living Force Field. -1 damage per attack to the Baron, and he regains Ⓗ-1 HP each (villain) end phase.
Which happens now. (This is another ongoing, not a target that you can hit.)

Which brings us to @Chewy77 and Haka.

I note that Fanatic’s Brutal Censure can temporarily knock out one of those ongoing effects. Nothing else in play looks as though it can.