Selling/ Buying/ Trading Games

In addition to my previous list, I’m thinking on trimming the following. Not dealt with photos or eBay yet, but first refusal to you lot if you’ve got any you’re interested in. Not looked at prices, some are OOP and others are widely available so needs thinking on!

…and then we held hands
Witness
Consentacle
7th continent original Kickstarter with loads of expansions, plus the what goes up must come down big expansion from its Kickstarter.
Islebound Kickstarter edition
Most of the oniverse games
Photosynthesis
Reykholt
Imperial assault with some extra minis and early expansions. All painted.
Umbra via SOLD
Bargain quest with many expansions (incl black market) from Kickstarter. (Not the most recent one).

Previous list:
Alhambra big box
Android mainframe
Rolling realms
Plague Inc

UK to uk

1 Like

Wrong thread

1 Like

Selling my German language edition of Rising Sun. I got it in a Maths Trade because I didn’t read the listing carefully!!

I’ve printed English rules but there’s too much card text for it to be playable.

I’m hoping for any kind of sale from eBay because it’s very OOP at the moment, but I’d take an offer from anyone who wants it and speaks German

6 Likes

Not all of the GIPF series, but I am selling them. £50 for all of them, including UK postage. Ask if you’re from Europe

DVONN
LYNGK
PUNCT
TZAAR
ZERTZ

Gone

6 Likes

I’m actually kind of tempted, but I really need to play them first.

3 Likes

@yashima do you think I’d have better luck selling this in Germany? Not sure how I’d list it

Does anyone have any experience of shipping a CMON sized box to mainland Europe? Don’t want to bankrupt myself!

1 Like

I have experience in the other direction. It is expensive though. Even smallest packages are around 15€ and that doesn’t come with tracking. I am lazy and always use DHL for these things though so maybe there are cheaper services around.

I would definitely adertise with the price of shipping on top. The DHL website tells you quite clearly how big and heavy a package can be for each price point they have.

DHL also helps with the customs declaration.

It remains a hassle. I would first try to advertise within UK there are a number of Germans living in the UK still I would say (though some may have fled with Brexit and all making it more difficult).

3 Likes

Alternatively: how much in game language is there? Maybe I can help with translation. You can probably download an English manual.

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s a really generous offer

I’ve got an English manual. There’s quite a lot of text on the cards though.

Using Google lens translate works and if we played the game a lot after learning it I’m sure we’d remember everything pretty quickly.

However, I don’t see it as something we’d play regularly, more of an every 6 months game and I think the language barrier means it’s going to get passed over. It would make teaching it to new players difficult and we’ve got Blood Rage and Kemet as big box DOAM alternatives.

I’ve emailed CMON to see if I could buy a set of English language cards. I’m not hopeful but you never know.

3 Likes

If it was Blood Rage I’d buy it from you… but I am not interested in Rising Sun -.-

Maybe you just need to participate in the SPIEL math trade next year :slight_smile: Though … a trip to SPIEL is a bit much for “shipping cost”

Hope you find a taker.

PS: German edition is 110€ new and “barely available” (1 shop on boardgameprices) so it is possible maybe to find a taker even with the shipping.

PPS: on ebay Kleinanzeigen which I would advise you to use if you want to get the game to Germany there is at least 1 copy for 80 + 7 shipping… so that’s probably the price range for used copies.

3 Likes

An occasional poster asks me whether people are still interested in old Magic cards - 1990s era.

Not me–but I am reasonably sure if he has original cards from then he could sell them somewhere for some profit. A friend sold his collection of rares and uncommons a few years back and made a ton of money (he got into it when moxes were still a thing though)

I think I’ve thrown away a lot of ice age recently

I think this was posted previously, but since we’re talking selling 90s Magic cards:

I saw the opening screenshot and immediately made this “EeeeeEEEE” sound of “you do not realise the amount of money the expert is about to quote you”.

4 Likes

I remember how excited Tony Robinson was on the day that Time Team dug up a late-80s antique Jenga set.

4 Likes

I am really pleased they are still making time team, even if it’s only for YouTube.

4 Likes

I’m going to have another cull. I’m hoping most of this could go at AireCon, or even TekeliCon so I don’t have to think about shipping; just hand things over in person. If you want to come to Cardiff that works as well. I definitely don’t want to post anything before Christmas. I haven’t thought about prices yet, but if you’re going to either of the cons or are desperate for any of this stuff please DM me and make me an offer. I’m afraid I can’t post Root and it all goes as one bundle.

Age of Steam - sold
Alchemists
Anachrony - with insert
Ca$h 'n Guns: Second Edition
CATAN
Dungeon!
Forgotten Waters
Fuji Flush
Galaxy Trucker
Little Town
Long Shot: The Dice Game
Loony Quest
Mercado de Lisboa
Monolith Arena
MonsDRAWsity
Mottainai
Patchwork Christmas edition
Polynesia
The Resistance and The Resistance: The Plot Thickens
Rising Sun - German Edition
Root
Root: The Exiles and Partisans Deck
Root: The Riverfolk Expansion
Root: The Underworld Expansion
Root: The Vagabond Pack
Scotland Yard
Space Alert
Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game
Startups
Sushi Go!
Timeline: British History
Timeline: Discoveries
The Voyages of Marco Polo

5 Likes

GONE

Selling off Power Grid bundle for £70. UK postage is £7. Ask if from the EU. The base game and all the maps are the Recharged editions unless stated otherwise.

The game comes in 3 boxes and it contains:

• Benelux/Central Europe
  • France/Italy
  • China/Korea
  • Brazil/Spain & Portugal (not Recharged)
  • Russia/Japan
  • Austrialia/Indian Subcontinent
  • Quebec/Baden-Wurttemberg (not Recharged)
  • Middle East/South Africa
  • Stock Companies
  • New Power Plants Set 1
  • BGG Promo Card Set
  • Supply Contract
  • Industrial Espionage
  • Taxes
  • High Voltage DC Transmission Passage C
5 Likes

That’s a decent deal.

Updated list with actual prices. These don’t include postage - I’m going to both Tekeli Con and Aire Con and would like to transact in person (or come and collect from Cardiff).

I’d rather sell to you lot for a discount than randoms. If you’re desperate for a game and want it posted please ask

Startups £13
Mottainai £7 - sold
Alchemists £22
Anachrony with an insert £30
Monolith Arena £19
Root bundle - base game, Riverfolk and Underworld Expansion, P&E deck, vagabond pack £80
Cash n Guns 2 £12
Forgotten Waters £33
Fuji Flush £6
Little Town £10
Longshot the Dice Game £22
Loony Quest £10
Mercado de Lisboa £27
Patchwork Christmas Edition £12
Polynesia £21
The Resistance and Plot Thickens £11
Space Alert £22
Voyages of Marco Polo £37