Selfie Thread! (Redux)

now i need the name of that brewery!

(Also, I’m not actually a cat in a suit, sadly)

4 Likes

It is the Vogelbräu in Karlsruhe. You would need to visit though for a taste as I am not aware that you can buy anywhere but at their three local places. You can take home beer in their growlers or ask them to fill a small keg for you. but thats it and you would still have to pick up the order.

They have pils throughout the year which is the best: unfiltrated, hoppy and with just the right bitterness to it to always have a refreshing taste. They have two other beers on tap but those vary with the seasons. Vogel Pils is the best: a classic no frills perfect expression of what a pils should be. They’ve been brewing it since 1985… and if anyone in my town has a say in it will continue to do so.

5 Likes

I don’t do selfies, but I have photos that C took of me. Here’s one:

7 Likes

Having scanned this thread, I must say, I’m startled by how much Roger looks like Gandalf. All he needs is the gray cloak and the thorny staff . . .

2 Likes

My workplace is running a competition for best lockdown transformation. I think I’ve got a good shot!

4 Likes

We planted a gorse bush outside my house. Perhaps next time that needs a trim…

2 Likes

I’m mildly hungover, there’s a frost outside and I’m wearing jandles.

I also seem to have picked up a second chin from somewhere. Must have been going spare.

5 Likes

I had to look up what a jandle was…

3 Likes

I’m glad I could provide that entertainment for your day. Despite having always owned a pair for my entire life I can’t really recommend them. They’re ‘shoes’ for when you don’t really want to be barefoot.

1 Like

(Lacking a “what are you wearing” thread…)

I’ve gone over to Crocs for most of my casual shoe-wearing. I got them first for the thick soles when I’m demoing on a concrete floor in a big convention centre, but I’ve found them comfortable for general wear too - and if they’re a bit sweaty at the end of the day, I can hose them out in the hotel’s shower and they’ll be dry by morning.

3 Likes

n i c e

4 Likes

I don’t really have a “casual shoe-wearing” category. When I’m at home, I mostly go barefoot. When I want to go out, I wear fairly conservative formal shoes in tan, brown, or black—Rockports for choice; decades ago, when I worked on the San Diego Comic-Con, and my legs hurt at the end of the day, an acquaintance recommended them, and I found that spending money on modestly expensive, well made shoes paid off. And then I get home and take them off.

2 Likes

I feel like wearing Crocs is about half a step away from wearing adult diapers because going to the restroom is just such a chore.

But I’m not judging! (Or… ?)

I feel like this sounded as though it was critical instead of in jest. As usual, my dry wit does not translate well to text media

5 Likes

Ooo… harsh. I feel like I own jandles and can’t comment. At least Crocs are covered. And sound cooler.

I initially read that as ‘demolishing a concrete floor’ and was very impressed by how hardy your feet would have to be. Also something about lax health and safety.

6 Likes

That’s pretty much how I read that, and thought, “steel toed boots are so much safer for that.” Also, I find steel toed boots more comfortable than crocs for anything.

1 Like

I own lined Crocs to keep your tootsies warm…

4 Likes

Isn’t that just a pair of slippers with holes in?

4 Likes

I own both crocs and flipflops…
do we need a thread about the advantages of shoes made from plastic?

2 Likes

I’m happy to confirm that I’ll be referring to my old slippers as lined Crocs from now on.

4 Likes

The lockdown hair has been tamed! (The beard has not.)

5 Likes