Self-Promotion, With Or Without Shame

I have rarely felt so white.

3 Likes

Quite pleased with the introduction to our Back to the Future episode of our film podcast, Ribbon of Memes, if I do say so myself.

https://ribbonofmemes.org.uk/archive/2022/Back_to_the_Future__1985_1990_.html

7 Likes

Okay, I laughed. That was clever. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Found my book, Once Bitten, in our local bookshop. They say you can judge a person by the company they keep. I hope to Christ that’s not true of their books.

11 Likes

Clearly this is the Weird Non-Urban Stuff shelf.

2 Likes

Why? What’s wrong with Neil Fitzpatrick? Never heard of him…

I couldn’t possibly comment. But apropos of nothing I’ll point you to section 5.2 of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Guide to Professional Conduct, which states ‘Veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses should not speak or write disparagingly about another veterinary surgeon’.

7 Likes

The vets at the surgery my mum used to work at ought to be disbarred, or whatever happens to vets, because they were always saying things like “What fucking butcher did that surgery?! I bet it was XXXXX, he wields a scalpel like a bloody claymore”

3 Likes

Oooomph, you read that stuff?? I never bothered… Just paid, for barely nothing but the right to work, as everyone else…

1 Like

Did you sign it?

1 Like

Sadly not, I didn’t have a pen and felt too awkward to ask for one.

2 Likes

“Hi, I’m doing a stealth signing like Neil Gaiman does in airport bookshops. Could you lend me a pen then pretend you haven’t seen me? Ta…”

4 Likes

Congratulations, I’m impressed. I may also write, on occasion.

2 Likes

Magnificent touch there, making you from twenty years in the future have a gruff and manly Batman voice, only for later-still you to claim that he’s an impostor. Possibly your most meta podcast appearance yet.

2 Likes

The gruff manly one is actually my normal voice. I just don’t want to intimidate my fellow role players and podcasters doesn’t I have to soften it.

4 Likes

Gravel ‘n’ Vodka - Mouthwash for Men.

2 Likes

Crap, you’ve reminded me I need to pay. Come on, they do loads more than us giving them £300ish quid a year for the right to do what I already studied for 5 years to do. Like… er… they do that… er… the thing with… er… they. Um. They have lovely offices in London.

2 Likes

And they take your Oath…
That’s as much as I can list they do…

2 Likes

They take your Oath!?

The horror!

5 Likes

Way before it was published. I know!

EDIT:

By the way, the more I look at that cover art, the more I like it.

2 Likes